Converting degrees to mm? (alignment values)

Rishi

Platinum Member
Where I work we use mm for alignment values, but for my 197 cup I only have the degrees values.

How would I go about converting the degrees to mm?

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:
You have to be careful if you're converting to mm as it will depend how far away from the hub you're taking the measurement. When looking at angle it doesn't matter how far away you are.

You can also use this excel file: http://www.fiatforum.com/miscellaneous-guides/139390-tracking-toe-calculator.html

It has helped a lot in the past :wink:

Thanks but that doc needs a password to unlock it (not the zip file but the doc when in excel)

You have to be careful if you're converting to mm as it will depend how far away from the hub you're taking the measurement. When looking at angle it doesn't matter how far away you are.

As far as im aware you just divide the circumference of your tyre by 360 and you have the amount of mm per degree

As far as im aware you just divide the circumference of your tyre by 360 and you have the amount of mm per degree

I don't think so. I may be wrong but I can't visualise the point in doing that. You have to imagine the wheel sitting at an angle relative vertical or horizontal and you have 2 sides to a triangle and 1 angle. The further along that vertical or horizontal line you move the longer the other side of the triangle becomes. Hence why I said you have to be careful how far away from the hub you're measuring it. Doing a google search for trigonometry will help :smile:

Unless I've misunderstood what you're trying to do....

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kazumz Suspension, Brakes & Steering 6
MikeDX Projects/Progress Threads 31