Conti SC3's

Good price for 215 45 R17's - 2 for £205.61 delivered from tyretraders.com
Ordered yesterday afternoon and arrived today.
5f889f28.jpg

Unusually going up to 225 makes them roughly £10 cheaper a corner, not sure what difference it would make....

Good price, did you get a price on SC5? They were the same price at the place I got my tyres but only found out after getting the SC3 fitted!

They're more often than not pricier and they are with this company.

Plus correct me if I'm wrong but I'm uncertain whether SP5's come in 87w? Also they only seem to be the recommended tyre for Merc estates etc?

Not sure if they come in 87W but any higher rating would be fine.

SC5 is standard fit on the megane 250 I think, either way it's meant to be an upgrade from the SC3. Worth enquiring about when you need the next set!

So this thread made me look at tyretraders and i think im going to order myself some tyres from there and get a local tyre place to fit them.

I want 3, two for the front and one for my spare rim.

However when i were checking out the site, i noticed they had the new sport contact 5's in, in the correct size.

So do i just stick with the 3's or go to the 5's.

Money difference is like £2 a tyre so its nothing, but i hear the 5's are quite abit better, and 3's are getting discontinued i read today so.......

Thoughts?

Seems like I'm banging on about this a fair bit but they don't seem to stock the 87w, correct speed & load rating rubber in SP5 guise.

No but they have the 91W ones dont they, which are supposed to be better either in SC3 or SC5 guise as theres less flex in the sidewall with them been high loading tyres, supposed to get better feedback through the wheel. Speed rating is correct at W though.

There website is down atm. Worked fine this morning.

Might just end up going with the SC3's

Last edited:
Yea, 91 rating is 'better' which gives more feedback with the compromise of less ride comfort.

Stanners, go for the 5s, no reason why you shouldn't. Good practise to put them on the back to avoid surprise oversteer

My tyres came from tyretraders.com.

Cheers GlassJaw for replying to my questions :thumbup:

Opted for the new contact 5's

5517899274_a13f04ed60_z.png

5517308805_7af639d97f_z.png

Last edited:
Why is the speed rating set at W (168mph) on the standard fit tyres, when V (149mph) rated tyres would be more than sufficient and cheaper too, by over £10 a corner?

Price difference :-

W Rated

V Rated

£14 cheaper...

Last edited: