confused and looking for advice

tommytt

Platinum Member
ok i`m looking for some help and advice.
my neighbour is selling his 54 plate megane sport it`s low mileage and pulls like a train.
is a 54 plate megane a good donor car? reason i ask is on here there is no real info on what megs people use meg 2s or 3s
what problems am i going to have is the wiring the same in the 2 as the 3?
how do i go about getting the ecu sorted so they talk to each other?
who is sc? every topic i read someone mentions sc
my car is used mainly for a good B road blasting or track days so i plan to keep the clio box (the meg box feels like its the size of an olympic swimming pool)
what parts do i need? there never seams to be a definitive list as the topics seam to go off course.
Thank you for your time i look forward to reading your replies

Yes you'll be fine with a 54 plate, but do the timing belt etc and fit arp rod bolts to be on the safe side. The megane engine loom will need adapting to meet the clio loom, and to get the megane ecu working you send your clio ecu and the megane ecu off to have the clio immobiliser swapped onto the megane ecu. Get as much as you can from the megane. You'll need:

Clio gearbox driveshafts and gearbox mount
Megane loom
Megane ecu
Clio radiator will be fine but you can also use the megane radiator
Megane coolant pipes
Megane downpipe and link pipe
Clio sports cat
Clio backbox

I personally wouldn't use SC, I'd use RS Tuning or EFI for the ecu. Both do the ecu for around £80

Thank you for your reply the plan is to get it all in and running then the engine is coming straight back out and going to be sent off to Alan at southern engines for a full strip down and rebuild.
The only reason I asked about sc is because people always mention them in topics about megane conversations but I couldn't find any information on who they are

Oh and you'll need to use the clio timing belt cover which allows you to use the clio upper engine mount.
If you need any more information there's plenty around in the FI section here.

Check out my thread! Full write up is coming also with diagrams of the wiring looms. You may need an r26 ecu however!

Check out my thread! Full write up is coming also with diagrams of the wiring looms. You may need an r26 ecu however!

RS Tuning can make a non-R26 ecu work, which obviously makes things easier. Get those wiring diagrams up asap :wink: