condensation in front light clusters

james_h

Platinum Member
I know how this happens (possible causes) and how to clear it out - but - question is this...

Should I be getting it on a 16 month old 200. All seals are on the back fine.

I know it's one of those things, and that they aren't airtight sealed and it does happen (had it on the 172 cup)... but I'm annoyed that it is happening on both headlamps and spotlights on such a new car!:jumpon:

I have had the one headlight that was the worst replace under warranty as it did look like it had damage where water could get in.... do I push for the rest?? or is it something to live with on a 200?
opinions?

Had the same on my 197 just after I had it and the seals were flucked so had 2x headlights replaced under warranty but they damaged the seals putting them in so had to have another 2 ace workmanship again NOT

Had the same on my 197 just after I had it and the seals were flucked so had 2x headlights replaced under warranty but they damaged the seals putting them in so had to have another 2 ace workmanship again NOT

did that fix it tho - or did you just get the condensation back?? Just wondering if it's something to live with... what annoys me though is I haven't seen any other 200's with misty headlights!:jumpon:

when you say fixed Roy - it wasn't new light clusters that were needed just the seals on the back where the lights go in??

All that is fine on mine... I'm really fed up.

Anyone else had similar issues?? It's odd how it's all 4 lights... I'm wondering whether keeping the car in the garage maybe doing more harm than good - I rarely use it and I'm starting to think that maybe the car is getting too damp?

No James had to have seals and clusters done they come as a complete set

it'll be the 'air temp' inside the units. If its slightly warmer than the outside temp, they will mist, and its because they are sealed, nothing you can do about it really. I do think plastic lamps makes the problem worse though.

it'll be the 'air temp' inside the units. If its slightly warmer than the outside temp, they will mist, and its because they are sealed, nothing you can do about it really. I do think plastic lamps makes the problem worse though.

Thanks Gaz, assumed that it was the temp.

Are they sealed though?? not air tight....

I get this on my rear right and when I wash the car the front lights however if I start the car and leave the Xenon's on for 10 minutes the heat makes it disappear and I don't see it again until the next wash.