Collected the donar car :-)

Bigger turbo will equal more torque.

And torque = acceleration, so the more you have the better.

Are you using the megane box? I am using the 200 box for the shorter ratios.

Sorry to be a bore, but why not just use the megane!? With the money for selling the 197 you could spend so much more on the meganes engine.

Anything above stage 1 on megane lump may/will cause engine failure. Unless you forge it.

Not true at all.

More boost equals more torque. Bigger turbo means boost can be held for longer meaning more BHP. BHP = lbft X revs / 5252. Ofcourse you can use a bigger turbo to have more boost than a smaller one but usually when tuning a meg 225 on standard interals you run less peak boost than a stage 2 maped car. But you maintain the boost longer hence giving more power.

Also torque does not equal accelaration. Its torque x gear ratio. So therefore running a bigger turbo that holds boost to the redline rather than a small one where boost more than halves between peak and redline means you will accelarate harder because even though your peak torque at the fly maybe slightly lower you can sustain a much bigger average torque accross the rev range, basically you stay in each gear longer with more pay off for doing so, 300lbft in 1st is far more than 330lbft in 2nd and so on. A 225 with a bigger turbo may peak at "only" 300lbft but it has it a 6000rpm whereas a stage 2 maped car may well peak at 330lbft but at 6000rpm its running about 180lbft. So at 6000rpm the bigger turbo'd car is accelarating almost twice as hard yet it has less peak torque.

Last edited:
I see what your saying. A torque spread that lasts longer would be far more beneficial.

Teach me to only scan read before posting... My bad!! :smile:

*It's for the Rs day on April 15th mate :smile:

*yeah I see what your saying but I wanted summit different, and a circa 300bhp clio is different :smile: everyone's saying should have got megane, if I wanted megane I would have just kept me focus Rs... Lol, I love the Clio and can't wait for it to be done... Lol

*as so all the posts going deep into benefits of torqued/bhp bigger turbo etc... Sorry it's you've lost me a bit but all sounds good... Lol

*and once cars are dropped of I will begin project thread will plenty of photos as the build goes on :smile:

Thanks for all comments guys!

*It's for the Rs day on April 15th mate :smile:

*yeah I see what your saying but I wanted summit different, and a circa 300bhp clio is different :smile: everyone's saying should have got megane, if I wanted megane I would have just kept me focus Rs... Lol, I love the Clio and can't wait for it to be done... Lol

*as so all the posts going deep into benefits of torqued/bhp bigger turbo etc... Sorry it's you've lost me a bit but all sounds good... Lol

*and once cars are dropped of I will begin project thread will plenty of photos as the build goes on :smile:

Thanks for all comments guys!