Cold tyres?

I have a 197 and i bought it secong hand from a Renault dealership.

The previous tyres were pretty worn out so the day i first saw it they were fitting it a set of Dunlops SP SPORT MAXX TT.

These tyres feel great in both dry and wet conditions. But when they are cold, and with asr off, the car feels like on ice. Not that understeery, but really lift-off oversteery...
I happen to live on a mountain so when i leave home, the first route i take is always a twisty b-road , and i always have cold tyres there. I never noticed that before ,not until i was in a playfull mood and turned the ASR off.

So, a few questions:

Do the Contis take a long time to warm up and how do they behave cold?

Has anyone fitted the same Dunlops and if yes , how do you feel about them on this matter?

What's your general opinion of these Dunlops? ( even if you have driven them in another car )

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Never used Dunlops on the 197 before, but I have Continental both on the front and back and they are fine, never had a problem with them.

I did notice when the Continental were getting low, around 2.5mm the grip was a bit hit and miss, but as soon as I replaced them the car was back to being on rails.

Summer tyres will not be as good with temps below 7c due to the compound in them, so with that in mind I never push my car too hard when the temps drop.