Cold start - gutless and kangaroo effect what is it??

dont forget these engines ARE designed to run with a cat and the cold start map/running is different to the hot/wot mapping...

don't take this the wrong way mate but every car is so different,especially when your talking about clios,for that little bit extra cash i'd rather have a live map

lol

You think Renault map every car live?

Generic ecu, so a fast chip remap will be fine.

lol

he means an aftermarket map - mapped to the car to get maximum gains from it unlike an "off the shelf" map that just fits all and give minimum safe gains...

lol

thats only because it cheaper to manufacture, and with each engine mechanically being different to another a custom map will see better gains than another. a genric map on one car could under fuel where as on another could over fuel. its all down to the engine

Indeed it is...

But imo for around the £120 it costs for it to be remapped with an RS tuner you cant go wrong. Henk really nailed it on the Mk2 Clios, and they were generic, just like the remaps RS tuning and Ktec do unless you ask for a live map.

A live remap is going to cost £250+ for 'maybe' a couple of HP, really worth another £140 ish? toughy imo

Indeed it is...

But imo for around the £120 it costs for it to be remapped with an RS tuner you cant go wrong. Henk really nailed it on the Mk2 Clios, and they were generic, just like the remaps RS tuning and Ktec do unless you ask for a live map.

A live remap is going to cost £250+ for 'maybe' a couple of HP, really worth another £140 ish? toughy imo

I bet in blind tests, less than 1% would be able to tell the 2bhp difference. Even if you can, the difference in performance will be negligible to the extent of being pointless, unless you're racing your car. If it's a modded car then obviously a generic map will not be as effective.

And again: i said a generic map from henk is the CHEAPEST solution i know of to cure the cangorooing problem. Not the only one. It was not my intention to start a debate about quality of remaps...

I hate this "feature" too. We already have cold mornings here north so it basicly dangerous to join motorway without any power. In winter i use pre-heating system (calix). It warm up oil & coolant and there is not power loss at all when starting and driving first kilometres. I can use it in summer/autumn too, but is not smart.

Its nothing to do with the outside temp, its when the car is cold, all rs clios have done this since the first mk2. The mk3 are worst though

Thanks for your help everyone I have tried both the traction control thing and the leaving run for 30seconds - 1minute and both make it better :smile:

As for the seat renault have said its not covered by warrenty so I told him to go away do his homework and that I could get a list of members from a reputable clio sport forum who have had the same problem and it rectified under warrenty and don't try and take me for a dick head lol so just got to wait and hear back now :smile:

Getting mine remapped really helped the kangarooing problem BUT it didn't solve it, I do still get it to a lesser extent.

Well worth the remap though as it removes the flat spot and the VVT comes in more smoothly giving more mid-range torque

I remapped my car yesterday using RSTuner from fastchip.nl. Makes a massive difference. It drives smoothly straight away, no flat spot and much more power low down.