Cold running

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I presume all your Clios run like a bag of **** when cold? You know, no power at all and misfiring almost? I swear to God I have to get a run-up on some hills else I am leading a train of cars (haha).

I'm going to get a remap soon (RS Tuning probably), will this completely get rid of the cold running phase and leave it up to me not to thrash the tits off it till it's warmed up?!

re-maps do not get rid or improve cold running as the mapping is done on a hot engine...

Interesting. So is the ECU just cutting everything back until the thermostat opens then? Presume it's designed that way to protect the engine? Just so sooo annoying. I have a 406 Coupé V6 too, and all 210 horses are available and raring to go from cold :-D

Interesting. So is the ECU just cutting everything back until the thermostat opens then? Presume it's designed that way to protect the engine? Just so sooo annoying. I have a 406 Coupé V6 too, and all 210 horses are available and raring to go from cold :-D

i dont think it is - i would say its more to do with keeping emissions low and getting the cat up to temperature quickly - only lasts for a few minutes on most cars

Yer mine does this for about 2 mins until the engine is warm. I think its cool though if you get it above 5k rpm when cold though, you suddenly get a burst of power!