Coilovers vs Diff

What do people reckon is a better way of spending about £1500......fully adjustable coilovers or a diff?

I'm kinda thinking diff as the standard cup suspension is so dam good and a diff may help out more of the time on road and track whereas coilovers may only help on track.

Thoughts.........

It depends what you use your car for really. Both mods are great however i think that the full potential benefit of a diff would be more noticeable on a track. Coilovers on the other hand are great for both road and track :smile: What about getting a set of used coilovers for around 400£ and then spending the rest on a diff ?

After having both I'd say coilovers 1st really. The diff is amazing but think it would benefit more this way from my own experiences.

Definitely coilovers first including top mounts, Clio with his NA engine isn't such a torque monster that he would need a diff in every corner...

A decent set of coilovers will help stop that inner wheel spinning out of corners which removes some of the need for a diff

It won't remove the need for a diff at all. A diff will improve it, whether its NA or boosted. The coilies make the car very flat and so much more darty through corners, the diff will help suck u through the corner. When mine was fitted I thought it would make a massive difference on a standard engine, the same difference to when coilies go on. IMO both are 2 amazing mods and money very well spent, but coilies 1st. Unless you've driven with a diff it's hard to imagine, I was amazed!

After finally having a diff fitted to mine (albeit its a megane 200), I can safely say its one of the best things..... ever!!

I am not sure if the benefit would be as great in a n/a 200, but in mine it makes a huge difference. You can get on the power out of corners much earlier.

I am gutted I went so long without one!

Having said all that, a set of coilovers..... that have been setup properly will also give a massive benefit.

In a perfect world.... both!

Yeah Definatly both! Makes more difference with ours obviously because of the boost. Really does make it so chuckable, so much better and faster over standard.

the diff for us boooooooosted lot makes the car drive like a N/A car. and FMP told u you would like it :smile:, only thing is the megane 225 gearbox is made of chocolate.

for out and out hooning about the diff is a must, but the coilovers are not far behind.

A diff makes a decent difference even for N/A. Definitely something I'd recommend especially if you track the car. I'll be investing in one for my next Clio without doubt, but I'll also be making it a bat**** mental screamer :wink:

Cheers for feedback guys.

Eventually I'd like both. Coilover wise would look at kw v3 or maybe ast if I could find a price anywhere plus an ast adjustable top mount. Just wondered if I should maybe try the diff first. The car is mainly used on road atm but looking to track it more next year.

I've driven a meg 250 and was impressed and have read that it does work wonders with the 200 despite the lack of boosted torque. It just helps keep a tight line and get on power earlier.

Are there any other coilovers for 200 or is it a relatively limited choice as I seem to only be aware of kw, ast and h&r.

Spax make some and are meant to be good. I've used them on other cars and never had a problem.

Youl need some fancy coilovers to beat the cup suspension.

If your on the road more then definitly stick with the cup shocks.

Diff would be my choice

rick

V3's are the nuts!! Was my 1st mod and made all the difference, so smooth fluid, not crashy, and absolutly flat!! You get what u pay for!! As with top mounts, good luck with AST, ordered mine in December.....still waiting. I've got a set of sims on here from Italy. Quality product and works great with the coilies!

I'll use Spax, as I'm a dealer for them. They're excellent and beat many similar priced kits hands down
Are yours a little noisy? Myn are but discovered its the rubber dust seal so I've copper greased them to stop the noise, the rears are fine just the fronts although it seems to be a lot quieter now

I have to say having experience neither but tracked the car loads the one thing I've always thought on corner exit was, "i wish it had a diff".

Not all corners but particularly slow to medium speed sharp bends you have to really manage the throttle on exit as the inside wheel just wants to waste your time. Noticed more having used R888s too.

If i got an ast top mount id go through mark fish as he's a dealer for them (i believe) so hopefully wouldnt be a problem.
Ive heard very good things about Spax on all sorts of other cars but didnt realise they made a set for the 200.
Decisions, decisions.......lol.
BTW, who fits diffs other than k-tec? (i ask as k-tec is a good 3 hour drive away)