Coilovers (Beginner)

Firstly excuse my basic knowledge of suspension set-ups - I have read a few threads about what is the best setup to use etc - however I just wanted to create a thread for my own needs.

Basically I'm after this stance (SteBurns)

4197255796_a14b85cdd9_b.jpg

Heard alot about KW1, and KW3.

I use the car for road use only, so would like the best setup to suit and get the stance as above.

How do they work in terms of adjusting the height?

Thanks in advance.

KW V1's or H&R coilers seem best for what your wanting from them.

Both are fixed damping and height adjustable.

The V1's have a softer spring compared to H&R so it really depends what you prefer comfort wise.

Ste has kw v1 but has taken the rear adjustable spring platform out so that it sits little lower.

U think V3's are the way forward , that way they can be set up to your EXACT requirments ie road type , driving style.

Also V3's can grow with you if you then decide to do track days in the next year or so.

Hope this helps

V3's on my 197 wouldnt have anything else it handles like a go-cart and gives confidence in general driving, feels so planted and infinately adjustable front and back. so in the week i can have smooth m/way driving and at weekends and track days i can set it up for exact cornering.

well worth the money.

ive got it set up like this now az:
front 630 2 top 3 bottom
back 640 2 top 3 bottom

and its like its on rails lmao even in wet

and the stance well ill have to wait for a decent day looks better than that ^^^^^ cussa the 18's lol

yeah ive got a photo here outside snooker ill add it tomoz going bed now

Cool, thanks for all your replies, so just to confirm, both the V1 & V3 allow the car to be lowered exactly the same? its just the V3's can be setup, stiffer for track etc.

Please correct me if I am still completely wrong lol.

I think if your not going to track your car by your own admittance don't know a lot about suspensions I think V3's might be a bit ott. V1's will have dampers set as the best compromise between race and road set by the factory.

I do plenty of trackdays with my V1's and I'm really happy with them. Handling is improved, it's still pretty good on bumpy roads and it's still reasonably comfortable. I really rate and recommend them, you're always welcome to have a ride in mine if you're ever in the Midlands :smile:

I think if your not going to track your car by your own admittance don't know a lot about suspensions I think V3's might be a bit ott. V1's will have dampers set as the best compromise between race and road set by the factory.

Just what I was getting at Rich :wink:

Jam, like I said before the V1's have a softer spring in comparison to H&R.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure both are very capable but the H&R seem more track focused in comparison.