Coilover question

Ok I know nothing about coilovers apart from them been adjustable. What I want to know is adjusting the height something I could do myself after been fitted? or does it have to be done by a mechanic?

Am planning KW V1 like alot of people on here, hopfully sooner rather than later.

And roughly how much would it cost to get them fitted?

And people that have the KW V1 fitted already how would you compare it to the cup suspension?

Cheers guys 8)

You can change ride height on the coilover yourself with the right tools. But have in mind, after each change in ride height, the wheel alignment has to be set correctly.

"Don´t try this at home" :smiley: :wink:

you can adjust the hight really easy with just the allen key and spanner they come with.

just jack the car up so you can get to them.
undo the locking allen key
turn the spring platform with the spanner
retighten the locking allen key.

Normally about £200 for decent fitting, so not far off £1k all in.

It's actually more 'comfortable' than Cup suspension, but the turn in and response is much improved, as is grip. Defo do it if you have the cash

Normally about £200 for decent fitting, so not far off £1k all in.

It's actually more 'comfortable' than Cup suspension, but the turn in and response is much improved, as is grip. Defo do it if you have the cash

Thats what I wanted to hear. More confortable is good think ill be doing this very soon.

Best place to buy? Yozzasport? Dont understand how its about £100 cheaper than ktec.

2-3 hours apparently - the front suspension is a bit faffy

Try and get a response from Yozza, I never have been able to, and you can't call them. Let me know how you get on, because I want some for mine too.

2-3 hours apparently - the front suspension is a bit faffy

Try and get a response from Yozza, I never have been able to, and you can't call them. Let me know how you get on, because I want some for mine too.

Cheers will do, so you dont have V1s then did i read that that you were in a mates car with V1s or something?

I had coileys fitted on my old 172. You can adjust them yourself to whatever height you wish, the keys you get will look like a C spanner, there should be two and you turn them in opposite directions to undo the rings. As mentioned above you will need to get your tracking re-done as lowering the car will bow the wheels inwards and wont be very nice to drive.. trust me lol

So when your adjusting the ride height, how do you know its the same height on both sides? Is ther height marks?

tracking and bowing the wheels inwards is not the same thing.

wheels will go in if the car is low due to camber (or caster cant remember) angles changing as car lowers around wheel line. never been a fan of camber bolts. better to get proper top mounts.

ride height you shouldnt set on the actual suspension units, you should set the suspension to be whatever height it needs to be to make the actual car level. the right hand side of the car is heavier than the left because of driver weight and more engine weight etc. you raise or lower the car l/r and f/b to balance the weight as best as possible. this means minimum weight transfer under braking and cornering and is called cornerweighting. again, if you just want a "slammed ride" forget all of the above lol