Coilover help (setup)

A2ON

Platinum Member
Just a quick question

Coilovers (kwv3's)

Set up to well should have been 630 mm from and 640 rear
acctual measurements are 625 front 645 rear

When I went out today and gave it a jolly good run back roads etc etc at on point in a largeish dip on the road . The car seemed to bottom out on the front there was just a hard bang no give what so ever . Is this due to them being to low on the front it's only 5mm diffrence from bene1's set up

have you had any problems matey ?

I will be adjusting it to the correct height tomorow bur just wondring in this nottomig out thing is normall on country roads at speed ? When you have coilovers fitted .... I have never had them before so sorry if it's a silly question

Ps bennif you read this they are set up on full b road warrior set up 7&4

Did u get my pm ref price ? I'm driving the 200 for the day again tomorow so depends on what I decide mate

lol okay no problem, yeah im happy to pay what u asked and i could get them off u wen we go nurb?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one ??? Ben ????

Sorry mate didnt see this, should have pm'd me.

No i've never bottomed mine out even on extreme soft/hard test runs, and the roads round mine are terrible.

Perhaps you've just got it that little too low???

Hmm yeh maybe it is only 5mm of what u game me . I measured from the floor throught the centre of the wheel and up to the bottom of the arch ?? Is this right

Maybe the garage got the rebound / bump settings wrong ???

I can't figure this out it was 630. 640 rear right ?

If thats the measurements i gave you mate i cant remember but your measuring it correctly.

If the garage setup the damping perhaps do it yourself? its very easy to reset and set if you have the allen key?

I strugeled to adjust the bottom adjusters whatever they are found hub , etc in the way .

Also found the "clicks" not very clicky thus hard to adjust ? U get this mate

Sorry to rinse your knowladge bank

The lower ones are tricky unless u remove the wheel mate, but i manage it you just kinda have to feel the bottom strut and located the small hole, then try and blindly insert the allen key.

The clicks are much easier to feel on the upper adjuster than the lower bump one i'll give u that but they are there.

Right I'll double check the settings and also change ride height so it's plus 10mm
So front 635mm rear 645mm

Looks are not important for me it's all about the handeling baby !!

Cheers for all the help ben .... LEGEND

Just be sure to set them all to fully hard before adjusting to calibrate the valves with eachother, also has to be done monthly, or at least occasionally.

Can you maybe write the bound/rebound settings in this thread?
I also have big problems to set up the suspension.

greetz

I can't mate I was given them as the result of someone elses super hard work:research I'll let him post them up if he likes
sorry.....

From the floor through the centre of the wheel and then to the bit of the arch it touches first hth fella