clutch slave cylinder bleed point

To bleed you push clip in and pull it apart it has to positions bleed and fully clipped in if that makes sense I found it Easyer to pull it apart and the push it in to the first stage hope this helps

I meant to update this thread, I found it about 10 minutes after my above post.

Yes as above, push the metal clip in and pull the pipe out one click, gravity then does its work!

So all you need to do basically is just put a length of tube on the nipple, unclip and lull apart the bleed block and let the fluid trickle out?

Do you need to pump the clutch or just let it do its own thing?

How long does it usually take to flow through?

Cheers

If it helps, I do it like this. Most fwd Nissans use the same slave. You need another person to help.

fill up the reservoir.

pump the pedal a few times and top up fluid again.

push down the clip and get a feel for the bleed point. It's about 10mm backwards from the fully fixed position.

Place some rag over the nipple, and get assistant to pump the clutch slowly with the pipe pushed in.

Pump 5-6 times, then get them to hold the pedal down. While its down, pull the pipe to the bleed position. Let air/fluid escape, then push it back in.

keep doing this until the pedal is good. You'll get fluid start to spray out the nipple, hence the need for rag. You could use a bleed bottle if you wish. I'm used to it, but mind your eyes.

Hope this helps, I've done loads of these and this way never fails. Mind the O rings on the pipe when fitting.

Last edited:
old thread here, needs to be revived:smile:

ok so I'm changing brake fluid tomorrow and I'll ask my mechanic to bleed the clutch as well as I wouldn't fancy mixing the ultra expensive SRF with the several times boiled ATE. Now is this something that all mechanics know about or do I have to tell them what to do?

Thanks

old thread here, needs to be revived:smile:

ok so I'm changing brake fluid tomorrow and I'll ask my mechanic to bleed the clutch as well as I wouldn't fancy mixing the ultra expensive SRF with the several times boiled ATE. Now is this something that all mechanics know about or do I have to tell them what to do?

Thanks

just mention it...should be ok

I have only just managed to locate this after several attempts at trying to find it ;/ it seems to be underneath the battery/fuse housing..

What is the best way of accessing it to bleed the clutch; from underneath the car or above? If from above; what is best to remove to get to it, the whole battery/fuse housing?

I have only just managed to locate this after several attempts at trying to find it ;/ it seems to be underneath the battery/fuse housing..

What is the best way of accessing it to bleed the clutch; from underneath the car or above? If from above; what is best to remove to get to it, the whole battery/fuse housing?

I removed the battery to get in, there is no way I could get both my hands in there to do it, I didn't notice a difference in pedal feel until a couple of days after which was strange

So as usual I am having issues.. currently in the middle of doing this.

I can just about get one hand down to the bleed point and I'm trying to open it. Which part do I pull? The metal clip is spring loaded right, so my hand is being occupied by pressing the clip in, do I then pull the clip outwards with the same hand? Obviously I can't pull any other part of it because I'd have to let go of the metal clip and it would spring back up.. Am I doing it right?! It doesn't seem to be budging at all.

Blue arrow is me pushing the clip in and red arrow is me pulling out with the same hand while still pushing the clip in.

4b56a4fc-3ac8-40df-b092-78482b7ea239.jpg

its stiff to push down to the release point, then you pull the full assembly away from the clutch housing it has a bit of give in it to start with then you will feel it click open

Cheers mate. Seems like I was doing the right thing.. I'll just have to try harder next time I guess!

Could I do this using a brake pressure bleeder so I could do this on my own rather than someone pumping the clutch? I assume it's just as easy as bleeding the brakes which I have done on my own many times.

A simple but PITA job !!

I've always done this from underneath - car on ramps, undertray off.

Lying with head at the passenger side, right arm up to the pipe.

Press the clip in (easier said) and pull back away from the bellhousing.

Tried an easy bleed a few times but Chris always said there was better pedal feel when pumped / bled manually.