Clutch issues

Quite urgent as I'm stuck in London with clutch issues.
I know the clutch takes a feed from the brake fluid. Would low brake fluid cause the clutch to start slipping.

Yea low brake fluid will cause problems with the clutch as far as I'm aware

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I've not had low fluid, but seeing as the two are linked it's highly possible i guess.

You'd imagine it would need to be a very low level though......

Low fluid would cause the clutch to not disengage when the pedal is depressed. The pedal would also feel like there is no resistance.

Topped up the brake fluid. Seemed to do the job. Took about 500ml didn't think it was that low!!!

Always regularly check fluids people.

Gonna let it cool down then take it for a little test drive and see if it's all fine.

Sounds like slave cylinder is playing up.
Where in London?
Someone may be able to recommend someone local to help?

500 ml is alot .
You now should look for leaks(brakes are serious things).
and if you lost so much fluid there is a possibility of fluid leak and as a result may be also air trapped in the brake/clutch system .
I recommend you to bleed them both and refill than keep an eye on the fluid level and check for leaks.

I'm going to have a proper look all round tomorrow recheck levels and see exactly how much fluid it took. Drove it around for awhile and all seems good. Could have a small leak for a while to be homestead I've never really checked the brake fluid level. Thanks for all the help guys.

Reactions: sevenfourate