Clio's in Glasgow?

Seen a few Clio's around Glasgow, mainly 197's and the 200's. A few 182's and only three 200T's.

Just wondering if there's many members on here based in Glasgow so I can keep an eye out for the beauties?

Hi mate I live in Glasgow and I have a albI blue 197 with cup spoiler and recaro seats 56 plate. What colour is yours il keep a eye out. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I keep seeing a blue 197 around Glasgow. Seen it yesterday when plodding about, where abouts in Glasgow you from?

Mines is red, not sure of the actual code named colour sadly but it has a slightly discoloured bonnet and mines is an 06 plate.

If yours is the one I'm seeing around (which is a 56 plate), it looks absolutely fantastic!

Hi mate, I stay in riddrie. Where abouts did you see it yesterday? I was not using it yesterday as I have a works van too. My reg is Mf56xfs. Ultra red I am sure the colour code is for your clio. Where are you from yourself ? How long you had the clio ? . 8)

Think it was on the way to the garage in shettleston.

My reggie is CA06 XVX, 197 with the cup spoiler! I'm from bellshill, just outside Glasgow! Had the car for around 1 or 2 months now, absolutely loving and already spent almost £1k on her thanks to savings :wink:

I travel by Bellshill every day to go to work, I work in airdrie. I have had my 197 for 4 years and still enjoy it as much as I did when I first got it. Get some pics up of your car ?? . What have you bought for it ? :headphone:

That's funny, I've probably seen your car a lot then! They are absolutely fantastic cars, there's just quite a lot wrong with mine which I didn't anticipate when buying (stuff I myself couldn't have noticed). Going to be lots of £££ put into it but I plan on keeping it for years to come so will be worth it in the end!

I posted a picture in this thread of it, just one though! So far I've got new front pads and discs, got a new clutch kit, new tyres and an ITG Panel filter. Going to fix her up more before buying anymore modifications though, want to feel fantastic about the condition of the car too. :tongueout:

Car looks ace bud, I though the way you were saying it would have been rougher than that. Yeah get it all sound mechanically before mods then you will enjoy it better. Have you got recaros in it ?

Up close, it looks a bit worse! Looks in great nick in the photos but up close it's quite bad. Guy before me never took care of it so felt very sorry for it. Hasn't got recaros, was thinking of picking up a pair but after I seen the price of one, it threw me back. Few friends said they aren't the comfiest thing either! Tried to recaros in my mates old Focus RS and was comfy for 20 minutes or so but after, I got a bit of back ache. Still got the bucket seats though, front drivers seat is totally ripped on the right bolster, doesn't hold me in as much. Can also feel the metal poking through the padding on the left bolster sadly.

Recaros don't make the car m8. The standard seats were very comfy and supportive. You can pick them up quite cheap if on is in that bad condition. I am sure you will have it back to its best.

How cheap would you say and where are the places to look? I will eventually, just need the bank balance to keep up with what I want. :lol2: