CLIO197.NET INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

IT'S WORTH RINGING US BECAUSE........

Well, after my post about August being the second busiest month of the year for car insurance renewals, we have in the last week recorded our BEST EVER income regarding providing insurance for forum users (and their families). That's in 26 years!

If your renewal is due in the next 21 days, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO QUOTE THE CLUB NAME & REFERENCE NUMBER found in either my signature or my original post introducing the scheme!

Don't forget to check out the original thread stating minimum ages, etc, for the scheme

Will be calling kim back tommorow tim as she beat my best quote by £100... :smile:

NEW IDEA!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

We are looking at launching a system whereby, to get a quote from us, you have the option of sending your details by email to us and then we will contact you with the quote.

This would also assist those who can't get ring us during working hours or those who would just prefer to correspond through the forum.

My question is would this be helpful to you?

I'd appreciate your comments.

There is no doubting the success of our insurance scheme and we do thank all of you for ringing us.
However, we are often asked about online quoting.

The scheme is such that it is impossible to quote online but we have an idea!

We prefer people to ring us for a quote but if you're car insurance renewal is due within the next 21 days, please feel free to complete the questions below, then copy & paste, then email to peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk, who will contact you with the quote.

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover (though 25 for some cars), & 19 and over for TPF&T cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

1.WE WILL ONLY QUOTE IF YOUR CAR INSURANCE RENEWAL DATE IS WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR EMAIL,
2.PLEASE ANSWER EVERY QUESTION BELOW,
3.COPY & PASTE ALL THE TEXT FROM 'NAME OF CLUB' DOWN TO THE BOTTOM
4.EMAIL THIS TO peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk
5.WE WILL RING YOU BACK WITH THE QUOTE. (IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING WITHIN 24 HOURS, PLEASE RING US AS WE INTEND TO LEAVE MESSAGES & SEND EMAILS SAYING WE HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU).

Here you go - (if at all possible, can you reply in CAPITALS and different font/colour please?)

NAME OF CLUB : CLIO197.NET
CLUB REFERENCE NUMBER: 922

Full name of policyholder (inc Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms)

Home postcode

Mobile number

Daytime number

Vehicle registration number

Make & full model of car

CC

Year of manufacture

Value of car

Registered Keeper
Registered Owner

Where vehicle kept overnight

Number of seats

Date of purchase of car
(If less than 12 months ownership, please
give details of previous cars owned)

Immobiliser fitted

Modifications

RHD or LHD

Cover required (Comprehensive or TPFT)

Renewal date

Years NCB that is available to use on this policy
(NCB lapsed 2+ years ago and NCB earned as a named driver is not acceptable)

Protected bonus required if full NCB – yes or no

Who is driving
For ALL drivers –

Male or female

Date of birth

How long lived in UK

How long held a full UK licence

Occupation plus any part time jobs

Business nature of your job

Employed or self-employed

Marital status

Total miles per annum

Use of car – commuting or business use
If business use (if so, what specifically)

Homeowner

Any claims fault or non fault within 5 years
Please give circumstances including approx costs, which policy the claim was on and what happened

Any convictions within 5 years
Please give code (eg SP30), date of conviction, fine, ban

Disabilities notified to DVLA

How many cars in family

Postcode where car kept overnight

Renewal quote
Total renewal excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

Best quote
Total excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

(Proof will be needed of quotes as we are audited by the insurers. This can
be in the form of renewal notices, internet log in details and reference numbers).

I will definitely get a quote through you when my car insurance is due. It's due in February.

(Proof will be needed of quotes as we are audited by the insurers. This can
be in the form of renewal notices, internet log in details and reference numbers).

Tim,
is this true? and whats to stop someone making a figure up i usually knock 50 quid off and then see what they can do.
you wouldn't nesessary print of the details of another car dealers quote when shoppng for a new car.
please enlighten me if i am wrong.
oh and when i ring in Nov for a quote please ingnore the 1st line .:smile:

max

Hi

A tip off!!!

The 'word on the street' is that premiums are 'hardening' meaning that they are going up.

HOWEVER.................

I was in the office yesterday & the New Business Manager told me that due to the success of our insurance scheme this year, the set targets each month have been upped by 25% remarkably! This started on 1/10/09.

Even though we have had a good month already, on reckoning it could be that we are just under the set target so he told me that premiums will be even cheaper for people who have renewal dates from now until 31/10/09 just so that these targets can be met!!!

The difficulty is that from now until February, there aren't as many people insuring cars.

My thought is that, because of these quieter months, the premiums will continue to be cheaper for those who have renewal dates for now, November, December, January & early February.

All I'd say is it's worth a call ESPECIALLY if your renewal date is within these months.

(My long-term thought is that if the insurers show a decent profit due to increased business but at lower premiums, then this will continue throughout next year but that is only me surmising!).

After recording our 3rd best month ever in July, we have done it again in October - our 3rd best month ever! So thank you to everyone who has rung.

We've also now provided the option of emailing your quote details to us if you can't contact us by phone & the thread for that is found in an insurance section or my original post offering the scheme.

We are already way ahead in November based on previous years so I would encourage you to ring us (or email using the special template form only) when your car insurance renewal is due.

It really is a good time to ring us!

Please don't forget to ring us for a quote if your car insurance is due within the next 21 days.
You may have waited all year and now is the time!

Don't forget to mention that you were recommended by this forum.

Our number is 0800 917 2274 or if ringing by mobile, 01580 752961.

Just to let you know also that apart from the usual Bank Holiday closures, we will be shut on Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve.

Normal opening hours are –

Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 9am-noon (skeleton staff)

(There is a 24 hour claims helpline)

Hi

The phones were quite busy today due to it being the first day back at work for many people so if you couldn't get through then things should be a tad quieter tomorrow!

If your car insurance or breakdown renewal is due in January, then please feel free to ring us on 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961.

Please ensure you quote the club name and reference number found in my signature!

Hi

Please don't forget to ring us if your insurance is due in February - 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961.

Things are back to normal here after the snow! Sorry for any disruption though we are moving to a town in March where half the staff live anyway so we shouldn't encounter the difficulties we had getting into here earlier this month!

Please don't forget to ring us if your car insurance is due in April and realise the benefit of this scheme!

It's a free phone call - 0800 917 2274! (Mobiles can ring 01424 200477)

Please don't forget to state the club name & reference number found in my signature below.

Let me know how you go on!

We want to make your day!!!

If your car insurance renewal is due in the next 21 days, please feel free to ring us on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles.

(Don't forget we also do breakdown cover, travel and home insurance!)

Multicar discount?

Mine is due 28th June and for some unknown reason, (admiral being con merchants the most likely one) it is cheaper to have two separate policies than one multicar.

What MC discount can you do?

Unfortunately did get a competitive quote from you yesterday so will give you ago next year

Nashy

Multicar discount?

Mine is due 28th June and for some unknown reason, (admiral being con merchants the most likely one) it is cheaper to have two separate policies than one multicar.

What MC discount can you do?

We don't do multi car but we can do good rates individually anyway.

Please don't forget to try us if your car insurance renewal is due in July.
(Last week was our 2nd best ever in terms of business from the forums!)

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 - please don't forget to mention the club name and/or reference number found in my signature.

Hi

If you've had your car insurance renewal through from your existing company, please feel free to try our scheme on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and don't forget to mention you heard about us on this forum.

If your car insurance renewal (or home, travel, car breadown for that matter!) is due in August, please feel free to ring for a quote on our scheme. In the next few weeks, we will have the September rates installed on our computers so we can quote for that month when that happens.

Our numbers are 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and please don't forget to quote the club reference number found in my signature.