197: Clio V6 Airbox

Managed to get hold of a Clio V6 mk2 air-box.

The intention was to fit it to the clio, but reading more and more into it and it seems that it causes more bad then good..

I know that a remap with the V6 box would have to be done, as without it its useless.

Still got to get hold of the hose and battery. And im just thinking if its too much hassle for not that much...

Or am i talking nonsense? And its a great mod to do? :smile:

There are many people who have fitted one so I think they must be worthwhile. Apparently they sound better with them too...

Ment to be a good mod on all accounts. Litchy swears by the V6 airbox, think he did his without a map too and got some gains, im sure as soon as he sees the title of teh post he will be on.

Going to think about it for a few days. And then il make the decision. :001_unsure:

Any advice or support you need fitting it, let me know. I have a really good auto electrican who would be happy to offer you some advice over the phone.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Litchy to expand on this comment from your linked topic:

... I bought the Cup airbox plate from RS so it sat properly (clips in) but cup racers gearbox mounts are different so had to customise the plate to sit on top of gearbox...

Before i attempt this setup myself could you expand on this point please. What is this part your refering to, how much did it cost, and what sort of modification is required exactly?

Ive pretty much purchased everything else (fuse for engine bay, 2 way switch, battery box, wire to run to boot etc) but i wasnt aware of this additional bit!

Looked around and thought about it. Too much hassle for me as it would need a remap and a relocation of the battery.

Just going to enjoy the car as it stand (For now).

Not sure how much these are going for and if they are readily available.

Will put a for sale post up in the next day or so...

Sorry to hijack this thread. Litchy to expand on this comment from your linked topic:

Before i attempt this setup myself could you expand on this point please. What is this part your refering to, how much did it cost, and what sort of modification is required exactly?

Ive pretty much purchased everything else (fuse for engine bay, 2 way switch, battery box, wire to run to boot etc) but i wasnt aware of this additional bit!

There are a couple of ways to fit it. Most leave it 'floating'. The cup box has 3 feet on the bottom. If you contact Renaultsport, they can supply you the plate that those 3 feet sit into. This plate can be bolted up but needs a little bit on moddin' as the cup must be different. Sounds worse than it is. The plate cost £60. I also fitted the BMW 3 series battery positive point plug(?) -I'll send you pics if you like. It looks really OEM and means you can jump start your car from the front without having to access the battery box.

Varleys? Demon Tweeks sell them but they're not cheap.

You'll find loads on eBay. Look at Yuasa too, cheaper than Varley and just as good.

Last edited:
There are a couple of ways to fit it. Most leave it 'floating'. The cup box has 3 feet on the bottom. If you contact Renaultsport, they can supply you the plate that those 3 feet sit into. This plate can be bolted up but needs a little bit on moddin' as the cup must be different. Sounds worse than it is. The plate cost £60. I also fitted the BMW 3 series battery positive point plug(?) -I'll send you pics if you like. It looks really OEM and means you can jump start your car from the front without having to access the battery box.

Sure mate, any pics or part numbers would be appreciated. Cheers :smile:

You can get them from puzzlecarbon.com but they are €600, if you can hang on till late january I will have a mould for it and can do you a fibreglass one for half the price.

Sounds interesting. Would this require the coolant reservoir to be moved though?

Sounds interesting. Would this require the coolant reservoir to be moved though?

I belive it would but sourcing the correct bracket is not a problem. I was thinking about doing a complete kit with airbox, silicone hose, filter, battery and everything you need to fit it. Make sense really.