clio sales down

in france, month to month by 35% in may! ouch.... lets hope they won't wait untill spring 2012 to show the new clio then.... frankfurt 2011 would be much better with an rs in the lineup from the start, shouldnt be much of a problem since the next clio will share the same platform as the current one, I cant wait tbh :smile: mine's 5 yrs old now, well will be in august, and even though the car is spot on, I would like to get the next gen RS ASAP

People went a bit nuts with all the finance deals, not to mention the used market is now flooded with cheap 197s and 200s that have hardly any miles.
Why would anyone buy one new! unless those figures include the used market....

the whole british car market is down at the moment......no wonder with all the cuts and job losses!!!

that will just be for new cars, no way of tracking used cars to the same accuaracy. will all come down to fuel prices and current finance options. both of which suck harder than the 7 years old in the boot of my car.

Its not good but one possible positive is that Renault wont be able to hike the price of the 200's successor too much otherwise they wont sell any!

With the number of 197's & 200's for sale at the moment, I am not surprised!!

Does anyone on here actually own one anymore??!!?!! :wink:

I think I do but it is a while since I have seen it....

Will let you know in an hour lol!!!

It doesn't surprise me to be honest, as said a few times there are farrr too much 197/200's with near no mileage on them for sale second hand at heavily discounted prices. Its like the Clio has taken a huge huge hit on second hand sale prices.

To be honest i think car finance is to blame for the whole car industry being on its arse.

Don't think he's on about RS clio's, just clios in general. Doesn't help that its so ugly really. I mean park it next to a current fiesta and there is no contest imo!

lets hope they won't wait untill spring 2012 to show the new clio then.... frankfurt 2011 would be much better with an rs in the lineup from the start, shouldnt be much of a problem since the next clio will share the same platform as the current one, I cant wait tbh :smile:

Say they did show off the next RS Clio this year, what would be the likely hood of it being released in 2012?

I thought the RenaultSport sport guy said there wouldn't be a new RS Clio until right at the end of 2012 at the earliest...?

Rich

It seems to me that people just haven't got that much spare cash to be spending on new cars (or anything much else!) at the moment, on top of which there appear to be a lot of 197 and 200's up for sale just now, making it very much a buyers market.

At the end of the day if you can find a much loved 197 with a decent mileage at a fair price then it makes more sense to go for that than a brand new 200 which is going to depreciate pretty rapidly!