Clio RS200T - Wrapping & Badges

Hi again....

Been on and off this site for years! Had a 197 Cup, then two years ago bought a 172 track car. Then today I bought a 200t, for our second car, while the mrs gets to have the main car.
Which is absolutely fine with me, as means I can medal with it! Haha

So, I’ve had a quick search, I think it’s easier to ask all these questions in one place.

1) The little RS badge underneath the front diamond. I’m not a fan, and want to take it off tomorrow. Is it just a case of sticky stuff remover and a credit card? Or does it have pins?

2) Front blade. It’s currently silver, but I think it looks 100x better black. Wrappable, or have people got it sprayed? In my view it’s likely to get chips, so I’d prefer something that’s easily changeable.

3) ‘CLIO’ and ‘RS’ badge on the rear. They’ve been on for 4/5years, what are the chances of removing them and not seeing a mark where they were? Anyone have any experience?

4) Gloss Badge Covers - Diamond Performance on eBay looks the best place (although might get them wrapped at the same time as the blade). Are they covers you stick onto your chrome badge? Or replacements?
(I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I love them on the 4)

Thanks in advance guys

Reactions: remington1984
Hi Martin, nice to see another Mk4 on here!

In response to your questions...

1. I always assumed it was embossed on the plastic as it's something I've taken very little notice of. Upon a quick inspection of one of my photos, I've no idea! Could give it a go and re-adhere if there are 2 pins. Wouldn't be surprised if the plastic would be slightly fresher underneath, so you'd need to consider that.

2. From what I've read this week, the blade can be removed by removing the bumper, which is a very easy job. A guy called Tom Cazneaux on Instagram/Facebook has wrapped his.
Video for bumper removal, here:
The guy who does this video is called Ian Willacy and he is incredibly knowledgeable on all things Mk4 related. There's a group on Facebook called CLIO MK4 RS 200/220 EDC/GT that is full of inspiration.

3. All depends what colour your car is I guess. I am sure you can clean it up using some kind of detailing product as it's a very popular 'mod'.

4. Yes, that's where I bought mine from, owned by a guy called Paul Brandrick. Very good quality, they stick straight onto the chrome badges. You need to ensure they completely adhere to the surface - my rear badge will never come off, but the front didn't work so well, so I'm going to reapply this weekend. It's possible it may not have been the right way up, but test fitting appeared to work in both orientations. I'm just going to use some industrial number plate tape.

Anyway, get yourself a progress thread up, and if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

That’s perfect, thanks very much for everything!!

Just ordered some of the diamond covers off him on eBay.
What adhesive is best to use on the chrome?

A no-more-nails type adhesive seems abit overkill and very ‘no going back’

I’ll start a progress thread later, cheers Micah

That’s perfect, thanks very much for everything!!

Just ordered some of the diamond covers off him on eBay.
What adhesive is best to use on the chrome?

A no-more-nails type adhesive seems abit overkill and very ‘no going back’

I’ll start a progress thread later, cheers Micah

No problem at all!

Even with the standard adhesive strips there is no going back, I might have just been unlucky. If you live in a safe enough area you could always use velcro, but you might just have to come to terms with the fact that it's going to be irreversible :tongueout:

No problem at all!

Even with the standard adhesive strips there is no going back, I might have just been unlucky. If you live in a safe enough area you could always use velcro, but you might just have to come to terms with the fact that it's going to be irreversible :tongueout:

Haha oh dear... have to just give it ago then!

You seem to be the man in the know about the 200t’s.
Has anyone wrapped the rear diffuser? Or is it something that needs painting?

Haha oh dear... have to just give it ago then!

You seem to be the man in the know about the 200t’s.
Has anyone wrapped the rear diffuser? Or is it something that needs painting?

Only from what I read on the Facebook group, loads of advice that I've absorbed about anything and everything!
Yes, it can be wrapped as the diffuser is very easy to remove. You just need to find someone who can work wonders around the shape of it.

Reactions: M19TNR
Only from what I read on the Facebook group, loads of advice that I've absorbed about anything and everything!
Yes, it can be wrapped as the diffuser is very easy to remove. You just need to find someone who can work wonders around the shape of it.

I got rid of Facebook a while ago, because, yano... ‘bitches be cray’ and all that.
Gutted, might make a separate account to read through the page. Cheers.

Sweet, I know a guy up here that’s a Wrapping genius, just didn’t want to waste his time with things that couldn’t be done haha. So thanks!

You could always try plastidip, won't be many people who could see how bad a job you make of it, unless you run them over :tongueout:

You could always try plastidip, won't be many people who could see how bad a job you make of it, unless you run them over :tongueout:

I’ll nip and see APM Customs up here, as they’re only 5mins away. See what they say. But always an idea!!
Need to ask about the front blade anyways.

What’s the script with track days etc on here?
I’ve seen the spa trip, but are we quite active with group days, or just the odd one per year? FCS etc?

What’s the script with track days etc on here?
I’ve seen the spa trip, but are we quite active with group days, or just the odd one per year? FCS etc?

I personally would encourage people who are interested in going to any event or track day to go as a group. The first big one was at Bedford in November and it was fantastic, not because of the day, but how easily everyone got on, considering we hadn't really met before. A real plus for the forum to have a successful meet where we could really open the cars up, have a laugh and admire each car at it's own level, there was a lot of respect.
We're in the throes of arranging the first forum trip to Spa and with less than 2 weeks to go it's a very exciting prospect, and great to able to unite more forum members, so it would be great to see more Mk4's at track days/meets in the future.
A bunch of us went to Blyton for Clio Sport Festival in August which was a good outing, if not a little far for me, but we went to represent 197.net and was cracking weather considering we were north of Watford :tongueout:
I would like to do some UK trackdays this year, so I'd like to see the Track Days, Meets & Road Trips section being used a bit more, even if to gauge interest on a particular event, there's no harm in it.

I personally would encourage people who are interested in going to any event or track day to go as a group. The first big one was at Bedford in November and it was fantastic, not because of the day, but how easily everyone got on, considering we hadn't really met before. A real plus for the forum to have a successful meet where we could really open the cars up, have a laugh and admire each car at it's own level, there was a lot of respect.
We're in the throes of arranging the first forum trip to Spa and with less than 2 weeks to go it's a very exciting prospect, and great to able to unite more forum members, so it would be great to see more Mk4's at track days/meets in the future.
A bunch of us went to Blyton for Clio Sport Festival in August which was a good outing, if not a little far for me, but we went to represent 197.net and was cracking weather considering we were north of Watford :tongueout:
I would like to do some UK trackdays this year, so I'd like to see the Track Days, Meets & Road Trips section being used a bit more, even if to gauge interest on a particular event, there's no harm in it.

I’m obviously not aware of the controversy regarding the Spa trip, but hopefully it’ll all work itself out!
Sounds like a brilliant trip and something I’d have been interested in, if it wasn’t for this damn wedding coming up! Haha

But I’m definitely up for some UK track days!
Got a few mates that go out with supercardriver, and a mate within the BAC company, so we could try and arrange some collaborations in the future?
Something to look at.

I’ve been quite an active member of forums in the past. But with buying a house, weddings and boring cars over the last few years, I haven’t been active anywhere.
So looking to get back into things.

Reactions: Big Ben and Sean197