Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Shouldn't make that much difference though. The block is the same and the only differences between the 250 and 230 are the head, turbo and boost pipe routing. I ran a 250 turbo and a ktec induction kit. The expansion tank at the rear like others and as Wilson points out the same intercooler.

It was running stupidly low inlet temps.

Read that forge said the 250 runs hotter than the 225 when developing their IC. All the conversions are different, I've seen Ste do exactly the same yet run into a completely different set of issues.

Shouldn't make that much difference though. The block is the same and the only differences between the 250 and 230 are the head, turbo and boost pipe routing. I ran a 250 turbo and a ktec induction kit. The expansion tank at the rear like others and as Wilson points out the same intercooler.

It was running stupidly low inlet temps.

the 250 still runs hotter tho, and the engine bay in the clio is smaller than megane.

the 250 still runs hotter tho, and the engine bay in the clio is smaller than megane.

Correct, the guy with the other 250 conversion was getting hi temps even when driving off boost. He has a completely different IC set-up to mine. Like I said, Forge have had to change their design of the IC on the 250 because of issues in hot countries. Like I said, I'm talking extremes especially its not like we have consistently really hot days or I'm sat in traffic for hours. Like you said, could just turn the engine off!!!! lol

I'm going to run a vented 'summer bonnet' cause its def about getting the heat out of the engine bay.....

Plans for this summer.....

Finally found the bonnet vents I've spent about a year searching for.
Need 2 mich pilots for fronts
Need aerial lead for my radio - missing 'talk crap'
Black wheel bolts
Harness bolt welded to floor pan
Front brake calipers refurb
Front discs and pads
Suspension needs setting up
Vvt activating
Finally remap and see if we can get closer to 330bhp.

Nice list there Wilson. Where are you standing with getting the vvt to work? It should make a very noticeable difference on the delivery once up and running..

Where you gonna get it mapped? Ste?

When I went to see Ste he said the vvt thing needed to be sorting soon so I'm holding out for that as well :wink:

Nice list there Wilson. Where are you standing with getting the vvt to work? It should make a very noticeable difference on the delivery once up and running..

Where you gonna get it mapped? Ste?

When I went to see Ste he said the vvt thing needed to be sorting soon so I'm holding out for that as well :wink:

VVT working is in my opinion an important mod for me this summer. It will give me mainly mid range power which is crazy anyway. SteC is saying he's found a controller that might work. Also need a boost controller, I need to be able to run variable boost levels. If he can sort the VVT, he'll be mapping it too.

Last edited:
My boost controller has been an expensive ornament at the moment lol I think it'll be an important addition when it's mapped tho and up to full power. I bought one with the ability to run different power levels, I think it's a must. I don't think my car needs to be running 300+ all year round tbh

My boost controller has been an expensive ornament at the moment lol I think it'll be an important addition when it's mapped tho and up to full power. I bought one with the ability to run different power levels, I think it's a must. I don't think my car needs to be running 300+ all year round tbh

Agree. Controller looks good there though. Although I like the extra power, car was better at 275 bhp. It was much better balanced and the power delivery was perfect. I think anything other than dry at 300+ makes the first two gears redundant. Grand Prix duels can be a little embarrassing against lesser cars whilst your just wheel spinning. In gear, will live with really expensive stuff and also embarrass others.

Last edited:
I couldn't get first down today and it was dry as a nuns c**t out there. I don't know about you but I find it hard to get a decent bite off the line quickly.

I couldn't get first down today and it was dry as a nuns c**t out there. I don't know about you but I find it hard to get a decent bite off the line quickly.

Same mate. Off the line its impossible but its a small issue to a great conversion.