Clio (ish)

So, I'm the enemy within.

Well it's not french, but that can't be bad. I've grown up surrounded by vw's so now I've got one. uploadfromtaptalk1443934651934.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443934665426.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443934676944.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443934687745.jpg

It's very different, you don't have to be in the right gear at the right time to move, but I'm used to the oreca exhaust system. So I am struggling to judge how fast I'm going without looking at the speedo. I'm used to doing it with the sound of the exhaust. I'll get used to it. It feels much more solid though.

Nice choice Ant, hope you are happy with it and you can enjoy it as much as you did the Clio (minus the problems of course!)

Lovely motor. I was initially looking at a Golf before the RS. Probably one of the only other hatches I'd have. Bit more coin though.

Every time I close that door. In my head I think "sounds just like a golf" and I burst out laughing. Then I feel ridiculous.
I think I'm even more obsessed than I was with the clio. Somehow.

I well wanted one. Very nice yours Ant. Think I might have another gander. Think they're more sturdy and reliable anyway.

Polar opposite of a Clio that is! Quiet, turbo charged, 5 doors, (DSG?) - very sedate indeed.

Nice car all the same.

They have a good rep for reliable cars. Had hassle with mine at the beginning and sounds like Ant has, so it would appear that way. I'm always told get a golf by those who have them. Last forever

My dad has had 2 golf gti's, 3 passats, a t5 van and a seat leon. My grandad has had a golf gti and a skoda vrs. My step mum has had 2 skodas and my mum had a polo.
From all of these the only one to have any issues was the first golf gti my dad had as it had been in an accident, he found poor repairs after he bought it.
That's 11 different cars over 19 years, the second of my dads gti's he sold to my grandad, that was in the family from spring 1998 until autumn 2007 and did 97000 miles in that period with no issues other than general maintenance.

I had a mk6 , same at the white one in the pic. What a car!!!. Couple of cheap mods will definitely up the bhp! Enjoy

I had a mk6 , same at the white one in the pic. What a car!!!. Couple of cheap mods will definitely up the bhp! Enjoy

Golf's a great car (I had a mkV not gti mind - and my Dad has a mkV GTi now), it's the commensurable alrounder; hard to fault, but equally hard to love. As an engines sort of person I think it's very much the issue with modern blown 4-pots in general.

I'd love a gti golf at some stage but I have owned a few volkswagons as have my friends and everyone of us has had bother with the cars. Volkswagons may have once made very reliable cars but certainly not in the last 10 years I'm sorry to say. But hey, even as unreliable as I think vw's are now they are sure to be more reliable than a Renault!