200: Clio cup?

Probably a really stupid question but i have what's called a "full fat cup" with the cup option added from factory but can i call it a renault clio 200 cup? Reason i ask is i have some stickers coming including "CLIO CUP" stickers. Would it be stupid to put them on my car? hope this makes sense >,< thanks!

Yes it's fine, the only Cup worth buying was the 172 anyway as all other 'Cups' since have had **** all weight saving over a FF with Cup chassis version.

No it's not technically a cup... Cups are stripped out back to basics (some will have aircon etc) but electronic mirrors, rear speakers are generally removed.

Thanks Rich lol

I'm not saying don't buy one, on the 2nd hand market condition and all that gumph applies, buy which ever is closest and has the right credentials etc. But I laugh at any one proclaiming Cup's to be 'stripped' and 'basic'; a plasticy dash and a few missing trinkets for a paltry ~30kg weight saving is not worth it.

A 172 Cup saved just shy of 90kg on a car already weighing barely more than a ton, deleted stuff like even ABS and had thinner glass, now that was worth it because there was a tangible difference. 182, 197 and 200 'Cups' are just nothing more than a ****ty marketing job really.
I had a 106 Rallye, that had a 100kg weight saving vs a Gti which weighed less than a ton anyway! Ignoring that 15kg was engine difference, it again represents what stripping a car should achieve.

Stubonez, just stick some genuine Cup Racer parts on your car :wink:

Mine is a proper cup; nice and simple inside, no electric mirrors, no air con (one less thing to go wrong on a french car the better lol), just Recaro's and firmer suspension. I do have a FF steering wheel though! Granted the 36kg weight saving doesn't make a huge difference, but try and lift that in your two hands and you'd definitely feel it. At the time of buying one I didn't care about anything else as long as it was white, had Speedlines, and Recaro seats. It was hard enough to find one in that ticked those boxes let alone a FF version as well!

Probably a really stupid question but i have what's called a "full fat cup" with the cup option added from factory but can i call it a renault clio 200 cup? Reason i ask is i have some stickers coming including "CLIO CUP" stickers. Would it be stupid to put them on my car? hope this makes sense >,< thanks!

So yours has the cup chassis then (bone shakingly hard suspension)? Does it have cup badges on the door pillars?

Last edited: