Clio CUP Slicks

Just out of interest would 240/610/17 fit standard wheels

Are these the size u can get mate ?

mag wheels buckle really easily. as for the tyres, most places do them for under 20 quid a piece, but **** using full slicks on a track day, you wont get them up to temp easy enough stuck behind some 1.2l car and then will be off at the next corner

mag wheels buckle really easily. as for the tyres, most places do them for under 20 quid a piece, but **** using full slicks on a track day, you wont get them up to temp easy enough stuck behind some 1.2l car and then will be off at the next corner

I'll only be using them on the RS trackdays, they are the only day's I'll do for a bit really. I know they are useless when cold, you can come off just doing 10mph. :tongueout:

Just need a lap or two warming up and then they are usually okay. Just the same as you do with normal tyres, they don't get any good until you've done a few laps. I've worked with slicks before, so I know how bad they can be if not warmed up. :tongueout:

Oh, and anyone wanting to know. The mag wheels cost £170-£180+vat each new.

and the slicks are £165+vat.

when i spoke to a cup team they offered me 20 slicks for 250 quid. All part worn but didnt see the point as the road car is not setup for full race slicks

lol slicks are normally only gud for one race and then the rubber gets too hot and starts to tear away from the canvas. check them out see if this is the case. for new slicks ure lookin 150 - 200 a tyre.

I'll only be using them on the RS trackdays, they are the only day's I'll do for a bit really. I know they are useless when cold, you can come off just doing 10mph. :tongueout:

Just need a lap or two warming up and then they are usually okay. Just the same as you do with normal tyres, they don't get any good until you've done a few laps. I've worked with slicks before, so I know how bad they can be if not warmed up. :tongueout:

please come to oulton rs track day so I can make a fool of you and your RACE slicks with my 888's lol
:001_rolleyes:

Sorry to be a thread hi-jacker, but EVERY time I see this thread title, I keep thinking it says "Clio CUP sucks" LOLOLOL

[/SPAM]

please come to oulton rs track day so I can make a fool of you and your RACE slicks with my 888's lol
:001_rolleyes:

I'll also laugh at you blowing £400 a set (at the minimum) tyres after a few trackdays. :wink:

£100 for a set of 4 tyres that will, once warm give me more grip, I'll go for them. More grip per £.

lol slicks are normally only gud for one race and then the rubber gets too hot and starts to tear away from the canvas. check them out see if this is the case. for new slicks ure lookin 150 - 200 a tyre.

Its not that bad on the clio's, they don't have enough power to damage the slicks like race cars do. Some are pretty ****ed though, I'm gonna check them over before i buy them obviously. :tongueout:

The race teams use them for two races and qual, some even use them for test days. Race teams don't use the whole percent of the rubber, just the best bit.

Yes i won't have the same grip as they do on racedays, but its only a trackday and I'm only testing them to see what they are like. If they are useless they are useless, but at least I've tried it! :tongueout:

Last edited:
Jace- go for the slicks they are great

I've got aa set and use them on all the track days i go on. if anything, they've actually got too much grip, and are very forgiving...

Normally take about a lap and a half to get some decent heat in them and then they're fine. You're never going to get them up to full racing temperature on a road car, so they will wear very slowly. For the money and the feeling that you're not screwing an expensive set of r888's, they're perfect.

I got 2 sets for £80. I probably did about 200+ laps of various circuits on the first set, and one of the tyres is just starting to grain up....