Clio CUP Slicks

I've been offered a few sets of Clio CUP slick tyres, along with a set of speedlines the raceteams use.

I'll be buying directly from the race team and the slicks have done one 20 min qual and two 20 min races.

Whats the going rate for used slicks? anyone know?

I'm not sure of the going rate for slicks.

Can you get more sets of the wheels only ?

Not sure, haven't asked. I've seen a full set of MICHELIN S9B 20/61-17 (the ones that the CUP cars use) go for £80 used on ebay.

Asked him to give me a price, and I'll see what he says.

Lol of what use would they be to you? Track days i assume, but seeing as its a non competiton hobby why bother with the extra couple seconds a lap?

Have you considered other things the additional grip will cause, like swirl pots and baffled sumps?

Cup racers don't use either of them, they use the standard sump and standard fuel system, so I think it's not neccesary to have them fitted to a road car that sometimes goes to track.

Lol of what use would they be to you? Track days i assume, but seeing as its a non competiton hobby why bother with the extra couple seconds a lap?

Have you considered other things the additional grip will cause, like swirl pots and baffled sumps?

Trackdays really, was going to buy a whole set of R888's and put them on the CUP speedlines. But if i can get slicks for cheaper, why not. I don't like going out on road tyres, i saw what they do to them on a semi-dry track at silverstone on Wednesday. I'd rather spend some money on a track set, rather than plow through £120 a corner cont 3's, lol.

The grip you get from slicks won't be that much different to R888's. So to say it will cause swirl pots and baffled sumps is a bit out-there, yes it could happen. But it could happen to any kind of car on the track using semi-slicks, you are still pulling around-about the same grip as trackday tyres.

And if what the above user has said is true, then I guess I have as much to worry about as the guys who race these cars every year. :wink:

Last edited:
Mate speak to whoever your speaking to and let me know whether you can get any of the wheels, I would love a proper set of those.

A set of yoko parade spec 2s lol?

Adequate grip and very cheap :tongueout:

Nice place to source wheels from though.

I would be interested in a set of wheels ... Advise on likley hood of sourcing these please thank you

I don't know about the wheels, nor do i know how much they'd be. :worried:

Hes only said he might have some wheels, I don't even know if he has any for me! lol.

I'll let you know though.

Jace;36731[B said:
]I've been offered[/B] a few sets of Clio CUP slick tyres, along with a set of speedlines the raceteams use.

I'll be buying directly from the race team and the slicks have done one 20 min qual and two 20 min races.

Whats the going rate for used slicks? anyone know?

ok let me know

My mate uses clio cup slicks on his Evo because his wheels are 8x17, I'll ask him on Monday night if I remember.

Might be a bit hard for the team your speaking to to get 16 wheels from R-Sport as I think thats the amount the car comes with :lol:

I wouldn't worry about using them on track and they cope well on damp tracks too so it doesn't need to be bone dry, so long as theres heat in them and no standing water :wink:

Your going down the best route IMO as track days kill road tyres. I have track wheels with R888's...you know how much they cost etc and I've kept an Excell document of dates and miles the have been on the car. Currently 3800 and I'm hoping to change them just after summer.

No 'sports' road tyre would do that and you'd spend a hell of a lot more doing that mileage if it wasn't on a 'semi slick'.

My mate uses clio cup slicks on his Evo because his wheels are 8x17, I'll ask him on Monday night if I remember.

Might be a bit hard for the team your speaking to to get 16 wheels from R-Sport as I think thats the amount the car comes with :lol:

I wouldn't worry about using them on track and they cope well on damp tracks too so it doesn't need to be bone dry, so long as theres heat in them and no standing water :wink:

Your going down the best route IMO as track days kill road tyres. I have track wheels with R888's...you know how much they cost etc and I've kept an Excell document of dates and miles the have been on the car. Currently 3800 and I'm hoping to change them just after summer.

No 'sports' road tyre would do that and you'd spend a hell of a lot more doing that mileage if it wasn't on a 'semi slick'.

That would be great if you could ask him, cheers!

Yea, i know they only get supplied 3 sets per car, however I think he thinks he has an old set somewhere. It isn't looking too good i don't think, so might have to give the whole CUP speedline thing a miss.

Just need to work out what rims to put the 8x17 Michelins on as I don't think they will fit the standard 7.5x17.

I've been offered a set of slightly buckled rims, he says once balanced they'll be pretty much okay. He wants £40 a wheel for them (they retail at £185+vat each btw), but they'll need respraying..

Not worth the risk i don't think.. Would probably cause more harm than good.

Well only slight buckles can be straightened anyway, so you could buy four wheels and end up having to s**** one or two of them.

Well only slight buckles can be straightened anyway, so you could buy four wheels and end up having to s**** one or two of them.

He says they are only very slightly buckled, they are coming from a top race team, so they only use the best stuff really, they'd probably be perfectly fine for what I'm going to use them for.

Going to shop around still though.

Thing is although most people on here would murder me for saying so but if you have a mildly buckled wheel just stick on the back and you'll never notice it :tongueout:

I would probally bot bother may be
More trouble than its worth. Hold out a good set will arrive eventually