Clio 4 Rs - Mapping!

I know its early days for this car, but has anyone considered or attempted a manual conversion yet? The Juke and soon the Qashqai use this engine successfully with a manual box as I'm sure you all know, so I'm sure it's possible in a Clio?

Give me a week or so and we'll see what Superchips can do.

My cars going in for development next week so it'll be interesting to see what they can deliver via their Bluefin set up.

To be honest, the edc box has been tweaked by Renault Sport so I'm pretty sure it'll take more torque than the standard set up plus KTEC have been running at 260flbt for a while now on theirs and all seems good.

I'd be happy with around 230 bhp and 220 flbt which will make it plenty fast enough, although it isn't that slow anyways!!

Last edited:
Hi, I am also an owner of this car and would be interested in power increase - or, more precisely, torque increase (the powertrain doesn't feel as punchy in lower revs compared to 208 GTi or Fiesta ST). Came across BR-Performance website (a firm in Belgium) and they do 320Nm on their stage 1 remap. There are photos of at least four cars that have undergone this so maybe it's OK. But to be honest I am also worried about the dual clutch gearbox - not sure if Renault Sport did anything special to this Getrag 6DCT250 box and if not, the official max torque is only 280 Nm.

BTW, if the problem was overheating, how would the box "break"? Would it just slowly degenerate? Would ECU report any errors etc.? Anyone ever experienced overheating gearbox?

I've not mapped my clio yet

It will be last thing after exhaust, suspension, wheels and tyres

Power is nothing without control