Clio Mapping

Help. Ive had my 1st Clio 197 for a month or two now and the very noticeable flatspot and usual poor running from cold are starting to get a tad tiresome to say the least !! I'm looking for a solution ie Mapping etc. I live in North Wales, Any recommendations somewhere reasonably close to my location?

Thanks in advance Gav.
haloween%20001_zpsb5iqbfuw.jpg

Also, if you have any short-medium term plans to fit an exhaust, or other breathing mods - do these first prior to a remap, as you will then get the full benefit.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
I used Engine Dynamics in Braintree and they were brilliant. Like night and day. Not very near though!

As @Jimmy says get any future mods done first if possible.

Reactions: Jimmy and Gav16
Also, if you have any short-medium term plans to fit an exhaust, or other breathing mods - do these first prior to a remap, as you will then get the full benefit.
Running a Full Miltec exhaust and ITG panel filter, otherwise standard.

Reactions: Jimmy
Seems pretty well fitted but I have heard about glueing or sealing in place with mastic etc....??

Can you rotate it around with very minimal force? If you can then probably needs to be tied down, doing this for mine massively helped the flat spot.

Also, did you fit the miltek or previous owner? Are you sure it's not been remapped already?

I've heard amazing things about RS Tuning in Leeds.

Reactions: Gav16
Can you rotate it around with very minimal force? If you can then probably needs to be tied down, doing this for mine massively helped the flat spot.

Also, did you fit the miltek or previous owner? Are you sure it's not been remapped already?

I've heard amazing things about RS Tuning in Leeds.
Tied down as in how what with please? exhaust and filter already on the car too.

if you are not planning any more mods engine/exhaust wise then I would strongly recommend Paul at RS tuning in Leeds..he has done tons of these including mine..great map if you ask me..

See the last picture in this guide.

Just get some cable ties and make sure it's really secure in place.

Take the car out for a spin after you've done it, the difference in performance is ridiculous (it was in my case anyway).

Reactions: Gav16
if you are not planning any more mods engine/exhaust wise then I would strongly recommend Paul at RS tuning in Leeds..he has done tons of these including mine..great map if you ask me..
no mods planned just want it running the best it can, surely they didn't come out the factory with this problem me thinks ?? or maybe they did...:wink:

RS tuning v Engine Dynamics Saturday Pavlar?