Clio 200 Yellow Dials in 197?

karbonCup

Paid Member
Done the usual search but couldn't shed much light on it.

Can the Yellow Dial ONLY be changed or does it have to be the entire unit?

If dial only, anyone know where I can purchase one? Nothing on eBay I could see.

Entire speedo unit.

Couple of people I know of have done it and said its very easy to do. Just have to fork out for the mileage correction!

Pacman. and Rogue have done it.

As Chris said it's very easy to do, and they look a whole lot better IMO. You do have to change the entire instrument panel yes.

Entire speedo unit.

Couple of people I know of have done it and said its very easy to do. Just have to fork out for the mileage correction!

Pacman. and Rogue have done it.

Thanks... Im surprised just the dial can't be swapped. Im sure there is a way if I looked into it. Not taken it apart yet.

My entire dash and the instrument cluster is off the car at the moment so was worth looking into it.

Right OK... well I have taken the front panel off the instrument cluster and looks like you can easily change over the dial sheet which may mean buying a complete used 200 instrument cluster. You would just need to take the hands off to allow the sheet to be taken off.

I will see if there is a part number for it so you can retain the same instrument cluster & correct mileage by changing just the 200 (yellow) dial sheet.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Update:
The dial sheet cannot be purchased separately, only as a whole unit so means looking out for a used 200 unit. Looks like they can be picked up for £20+.

Update:
The dial sheet cannot be purchased separately, only as a whole unit so means looking out for a used 200 unit. Looks like they can be picked up for £20+.

Ok, so do reckon you can just swap the dial sheets over from each unit, so keeping the original dials?

Maybe it just looks deceptive because of the angle of the pic, but the 200 dials look bigger? The dial sheet might be a slightly different size?

Found this on Google images -

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dials.jpg
    Dials.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 202
I was thinking of the same thing, seen one lately at a Breaker, but I prefer the clean look of the 197,the yellow could get annoying on the eye if the sun catches at odd angles. IMO.

Yes, 100%, like the rings but instead its best not to have too distracting, we are not F1 drivers that require colour code driving. :smile:

Prob the easiest mods to do on the Clio. So easy you don't even have to use any tools. Simply plug and play.