Clio 200 Questions

Hi, Just looking for a little bit of advice.
Recently bought a Clio 200 full fat cup and really impressed by it.

Only ever been into German cars and not ever given the French stuff a thought but very happy with the choice so far.

First question. The coolant gauge doesn’t reach the middle of the gauge, assuming possible temp sensor or thermostat fault.
The outside temp sensor hasn’t read above 2 yet and although cold my other car has fluctuated between 0-8 over the weekend.
Any common issues?

Second question. Very slight knock from the O/S/F when on rough tarmac or pot holes.
Any common issues?

Third question. The gearbox seems to be awkward when cold, seems to bulk up slightly going into gear, very nice after 1-2miles and no synchro issues.
Is this normal?

Mine doesnt warm up resulting in cold limiting which is annoying.

Seems to be a regular thing. Suggested to change to a Clio 182 thermostat for slightly warmer running.

First question. The coolant gauge doesn’t reach the middle of the gauge, assuming possible temp sensor or thermostat fault.
The outside temp sensor hasn’t read above 2 yet and although cold my other car has fluctuated between 0-8 over the weekend.
Any common issues?

Generally it stick just a tad below the middle line on mine, I've seen it only very occasionally actually go above it and that's only on track days.
It depends from far off it is? I'm not sure why people would want to make the car run hotter though...

Because my limiter is cutting in way before the redline even after 20minutes of driving..

Used to be bolt upright

Mine will never go right to the middle, I noticed this when I bought the car also because any car I have ever owned the needle sat bang in the middle.

However I do not think it is a sign of an issue, I think they are all like this?

I have no limiter problems or anything like that I just think the operating temp of the car is just below the half way mark.

Unless you were experiencing problems then I wouldn't be worried at all.

My temp never goes to the middle
It sits between the 1/4 and 1/2 mark

And I have no problems with the rev limiter