Clio 200 - how to spot a Cup chassis?!

Ah, that's a bit concerning. I'll look into it.

I'll try to get another test drive before I buy to give the steering a go at low speeds.

Thanks for the advice mate, appreciate it.

don't get me wrong its not a major issue, just one of the things i know do wear out quickly

every car has its own issues and it shouldn't put you off buying one

Parts are not that expensive just buy the right one take your time your in a good part of the world you have Good people around you mark Jake lots of knowledge

To the OP:

If it's a genuine Cup it should state it on the log book (V5).. mine does.

On 197's if it was a genuine Cup version it was clearly printed on the decal inside the driver's side door jam, although it looks like they changed this on the 200 models and made it unintelligible!

Check the V5 - that's the only sure way of knowing its a genuine Cup or not. There are plenty of 197's & 200's out there that have had Cup springs fitted later, callipers painted red and wheels refurbed in anthracite.

If it's an RS 200 with the Cup chassis/pack, will it say on the V5?

It's not a pure cup. Think someone referred to it as a Full-Fat Cup.

If it's an RS 200 with the Cup chassis/pack, will it say on the V5?

It's not a pure cup. Think someone referred to it as a Full-Fat Cup.

a FF is basically a Cup with all the extras. It's got everything a Cup has, but more gadgets/better build quality

It's an FF Cup. It's 100% identical to that link I posted above, except for the colour (it's white not grey).

Put my deposit down last night, picking it up Saturday!

Thanks for the advice guys.

The early 200 didn't have the badge. That along with the new style Renaultsport badge came around in about March time of 2010

Great, thanks mate.

Other than the badges, any bigger changes in 2010? Tried looking online but the only comparisons I can find are the 197 vs 200! It's definitely a 59 plate 200 FF Cup.

the changes in 2010 onwards, the suspension was revised again. smaller top mounts

Good hear you got a 200 in the end great colour to:thumbsup:If you are getting the RS badge for the front they can be a bit of a cock on they look like they just clip in but they just pop back out so use some double side foam tape to keep it in place.

Thanks Mark, will do. Will that eBay one fit on a pre-2010 200? Or did they change the body work for it?

Hopefully picking it up tomorrow after one last once-over! I'll try to check springs for the cup blue/yellow markings amongst other things. I'll let you all know how tomorrow pans out.

Cheers for the help once again.

Thanks Mark, will do. Will that eBay one fit on a pre-2010 200? Or did they change the body work for it?

Hopefully picking it up tomorrow after one last once-over! I'll try to check springs for the cup blue/yellow markings amongst other things. I'll let you all know how tomorrow pans out.

Cheers for the help once again.

Where are you buying from mate?

Sorry mate didn't mean it like that at all. Just thought you might have meant whereabouts in the country after I posted :tongueout: