Clio 200 Brembo Strip

This is likely to have been covered before, sorry if so.

I did mine last year but can't remember what Punch for the fronts I used & haven't had a chance to look. Any ideas?

Anyone got any tips for getting the pins out without sh*gging them? & also the torques for the bolts all round.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wd40 the rear of the pins 24 hours before.

Push the pistons back and waggle the pads free to take tension off.

Take the calliper near the pin to prevent damage.

Tap pin in.

Whack out.

Other option is to get a very good set of mole grips and grip the back do the pin and whack the mole grips to pull it out.

Torque setting is 130nm but I'm lead to believe some manuals say 140 but they should be 130

When removing the pins - dont f*ck about with the first few hammer blows. Get a good punch, line it up and really thump it.

I think if you pussy around, you dont 'shock' the pin free and you just end up mullering the caliper.

Also, I put about three layers of insulation tape along the caliper, over the pins, and then punched through the tape. You can feel where the pin is to line up the punch.

Easy.

If you'ge got some WD40 with the straw attachment try giving that a blast both end's also and like skip said

Line it up and hit it good and hard.

When removing the pins - dont f*ck about with the first few hammer blows. Get a good punch, line it up and really thump it.

I think if you pussy around, you dont 'shock' the pin free and you just end up mullering the caliper.

Also, I put about three layers of insulation tape along the caliper, over the pins, and then punched through the tape. You can feel where the pin is to line up the punch.

Easy.

ohhhh how true :shout::thumbup: