Clio 200, best car?

Last week i went on a driving tour round the alps with 20 other cars, everything from an S2000 to a Lambo Mucielago roadster and everyting in between.

I was very pleased to dicover that the Clio had no issue in keeping up over the mountain passes with GT3, supercharged elise and M3's :smiley: (was always in the front group!)
Everyone on the tour was shocked by the Clio. I've never had so many people ask "what engine?", "how much power?" and "how much do they cost?" this made me very happy. Even more so as it was the most economical at 26mpg over 2500 miles, was very comfortable, and plenty of space for luggage!

Is the Clio 200 the perfect car? I'm beginning to think so :smile:

Will get pictures and videos up soon.

thats impressive :jase:

kind of pours more rubbish on the top gear article :bored:

Is the 200 the perfect car? Not so sure, however I believe that hot hatches are the best cars in the world and some say the 200 is the best hot hatch so therefore it must be the best car in the world.

Be even better if it had abit more power and fuel Economy was a
Bit better not that I'm bothered!! Awesome cars.

I did a similar trip over 2500 miles too and averaged 34mpg, including two laps of the ring...they aint half bad cars ya'no

Loved mine round Europe. Thought id tire of it but i didnt!

It surprised me! I found it funny (the others didnt so much, lol) that it could keep up. Its so agile and copes with bumps unbelievably well!!!!

ah ok, it was a shame they didn't review it properly but it is top gear :wink:

i didn't think it was that bad, all they could say bad about it is that its boring!
the only other thing was the 200 lagging behind the 500, but even clarkson said it was the drivers fault

I used to have a little Suzuki Cappuccino and found the same thing, it would keep up with cars far out of its league and it used to get everyone asking questions. I did a 3000 mile Euro jaunt in that alongside Ferraris and suchlike and while it obviously couldn't keep up on the faster bits, on the twisties it had no trouble.

Country roads are the great equilisers of performance cars from different classes. A responsive FWD car with decent rubber and a handy driver will worry many a powerful car on twisty roads. However, IMO the sense of occasion you get when stepping into a thoroughbred RWD sports cannot be rivalled by a hothatch.
Never know Top Gear did a review of the Clio, will hunt for it later and check out thier "expert" opinions :smile: