Clio 200 - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to pre book for the event - £360 OHW. Clubman n/a or club n/a take your choice . Plus 50 quid joining fee

you need --

- FIA approved race suit , gloves , boots and helmet all In date
- fia approved fire extinguisher again in date
- fia harnesses in date mounted safely
- tyres need to meet the 1a and 1 b MSA tyre list
- non b race licence
- if doing 2 or more rounds cool down light

all cars are scutineered before the event to check meet the rules

there is a morning brefing explaining everything and extended one for the newbies

we we just wrapped towing strap through the eyes in the isofux bar and trapped it out the boot. It worked but probleyndo summit better for next round

Cheers but £410 - holy crap thats expensive, unless the clubman NA category fills up over the next few events might have to re-consider. **** paying that to race 2 other people. TA is just Sprinting and I can do pretty much 4 rounds of Sprinting/Hillclimbing for that!

Cheers but £410 - holy crap thats expensive, unless the clubman NA category fills up over the next few events might have to re-consider. **** paying that to race 2 other people. TA is just Sprinting and I can do pretty much 4 rounds of Sprinting/Hillclimbing for that!

Yep not cheap - Chris was out with 16 cars on circuit not just Clubman NA.

Clubman NA, Clubman FI and classic & Retro were out at the same time.

Throughout the day his times positioned him as high as 5th and the lowest being 10th in the group of 16

yeh aint cheap sadly, then again motorsport aint! i could go sprinting, there is a sprint course near be but just doesn't appeal to me. Mainly the circuit, just boring! but it is another option for me.

was supposed be 4 in our group i think but his engine let go on friday evening TD. There is about 16 cars out for every session in different groups which put self up against . ( all higher powered turbo cars and 4 wheel drive )

Last edited:
Yeah I know what you mean, depends on the course though as to if it's a national circuit or not. The little ones don't interest me but I'm fairly lucky on proper circuit sprints as I've got Castle Combe in 1 direction and Goodwood in the other both doing Sprints througout the year with various clubs. Also Brands and Silverstone doing them a bit further afield. All typically about £130ish it seems.
Hillclimbs is the one that doesn't appeal that much, but with Gurston Down only 20mins away and ~£90 I think it is, be rude not to try it at least once.

At any rate better get some FIA bits and my non-race Nat B or I'm doing sweet FA! - Do you need a medical for that license, haven't looked into it yet.

Update - For me, i felt i needed bit more stopping power where could brake later and harder without the brakes struggling so had some pagid rs29 pads. Used them few times in past on different cars. Probley slight overkill for clio lol but they be more than enough up to the job!! These are a ceramic based pad

10985241_1126688560690582_6104764179212329992_n.jpg

11219070_1126688584023913_8505796677944793864_n.jpg

Took out some real out tonight and got rear eye bolts in. Lucky had some right size!

future ref for anyone, thread size for the belt one is 10mm and buckle one is 12mm

Sorry for going over past threads, but have been looking to how people have fitted there harnesses and saw this, are you saying that these are the thread size for the seat buckle bolt and the belt hoop bolt?.....apologies for having a brain fart!

Postmans been, Quaife diff has come :smiley:!!
Hopefully this will complete the car on handling side of things apart from mess around with GEO some more.

11204992_1127255013967270_5170398543043181584_n.jpg

11224884_1127255590633879_2891092520246290330_n.jpg

20430_1127255560633882_3522805295655306232_n.jpg

Sorry for going over past threads, but have been looking to how people have fitted there harnesses and saw this, are you saying that these are the thread size for the seat buckle bolt and the belt hoop bolt?.....apologies for having a brain fart!

ive spelt since then lol

The rear seats, where belt buckle is bolted in that 12mm thread size. The plate thats attached to the belt under the rear door panel is 10mm.

No problem.

Anyone done this diff upgrade to their clio?
I did.
the car felt more sluggish right away - unfortunately, higher rotational mass can be felt while accelerating, You will get used to. As for handling, applying some throttle out of the corner You can feel the car is pulling You inside, however if you give it some to much you will shoot straight forward (especially in the wet) so i advise having some practice. Oh, and if You want to get the best out of it You should disengage traction control as it interrupts too early if You have the diff fitted. Gripping force is not that big so I would prefer plate diff but went for Quaife because its maintenance-free, although on second thought i wish i took a plate diff. Overall better have it then not, so can't imagine driving without one now.

⬆️⬆️⬆️ This person speaks the truth, I went one further and took the quaife out and had the gripper put in

Chris went Quaife as a fit and forget (no maintenance). Quaifes were in both the Mk1 and MK2 Focus RS's he's had previously

How is the gripper to live with on a daily basis ?

Hi is there any thread on all the LSD avail for the 197? I wish to find out how much it cost too. Hope someone can point me to the light :smile:

[MENTION=50755]PAUL JA[/MENTION] it's not to bad, it's used as a weekend toy with the end goal to start racing in some events like the op next year. Rebuild wise it's wvery 10,000 road miles so gives a chance to check over every thing else at the same time to make sure it's all good. It's abit snatchy sometime and driving round car parks people will give you weird looks as you get the gripper noise but apart from that i carnt fault it, it's a definate improvement over the quaife and realy pulls you around the corners

Status
Not open for further replies.