Clio 197

Just wanted to say Hi, traded in my astra vxr for a clio 197 and have to say i don't regret the decision so far.

The handling on the clio is immense, it sticks to the roads like nothing I have ever driven.

One question about the forum, how do I access the 'How to' section?

Cheers in advance.

Aran

hi and welcome, how do you find the clio to the VXR size wise?

i parked next to an astra VXR the other day and the clio made it look small lol!

:welcome:mate glad to hear you have come from the dark side.As said before £5 gets you loads of discounts of site traders which is so good:wink:

Welcome mate, not bothered about the power loss? Hopefully will make up in handling terms though. Pics?

I came from a corsa VXR (not quite as quick as the astra) to a clio 197 and dont regret it at all after 2 and a half months of ownership. Clio is better in every aspect . Doesn't quite feel as quick in a straight line but i think its just because of the torque difference. Takes a bit of getting used to aswell having to get it up the rev range before it starts shifting a bit , but i soon got used to it and im sure you will too :smile:

welcome to the site mate. does the power loss feel a mega difference? get some pics of both up when you can buddy

You'll love it! Had my R27 about 3 months now and love it. Friend of mine has a Astra VXR and don't get me wrong its alot quicker in a straight line but no comparison what so ever in the corners.

Hey everyone thanks for all the welcome messages :smile:

Will get some pics up as soon as the weather licks up and I can give him a proper clean :smile:

Have to say so far the power loss isn't that noticeable as I am just so dumbstruck by the cornering, my Astra was remapped and pushing out 265bhp but it had no chance in the corners.

The Clio is just flat and grips, my mate whose been in the car can't believe how awesome it goes round corners and like its been mentioned the poke is there you just have to push harder to get it.

Have to say so far I am really really glad I have made the move over :smile: