Clio 197 won't move past RPM (bad throttle response)

Hi, my new 2006 Clio 197 has some weird problem. Like it stays at some 3000 rpm and won't move past, something like launch control. Video attached best dsecribes it:

What could cause this problem?

Thank you.

I certainly wouldn’t be driving like that with it running so poorly. Sounds like it’s miss firing...... badly.
Have you read the fault codes?

Mine did this but it was in the higher rev range - turned out after a new set of (genuine) coils and plugs it was golden again. I can almost guarantee your coils/plugs aren't fresh.

Start with the basics and go from there!

Thank you. The car has only 20000 km or 15 000 miles, but was sitting for a long time. I will try that.

Seem like MAP is also a problem. Just broke it while trying to pull it out. What manufacturer is good ? I'm not paying for oem one.

Imam isti problem, promjenio sam svječice i zavojnice za paljenje ali avto radi isto... Dobio sam info, da je možda problem u benzinskoj pumpi...

Imam isti problem, promjenio sam svječice i zavojnice za paljenje ali avto radi isto... Dobio sam info, da je možda problem u benzinskoj pumpi...

Oprostite na lošem prijevodu - koristio sam Google translate s engleskog na hrvatski ...
(Sorry for the poor translation - I used Google translate from English to Croatian...)

Provjerite ispušni razvodnik (ili flexi) - ako imate loše curenje ispušnih plinova, to može biti čest uzrok. Također, ako imate izmjene na aftermarketu i niste preimenovali ECU, imat ćete problema. Nadam se da ovo pomaže!

Oprostite na lošem prijevodu - koristio sam Google translate s engleskog na hrvatski ...
(Sorry for the poor translation - I used Google translate from English to Croatian...)

Provjerite ispušni razvodnik (ili flexi) - ako imate loše curenje ispušnih plinova, to može biti čest uzrok. Također, ako imate izmjene na aftermarketu i niste preimenovali ECU, imat ćete problema. Nadam se da ovo pomaže!
Hi :smile: My car have R3 access racing engine and racing exhaust, mapping done on dyno... first two years car runs fine but than the same problem as on the video... I change spark plugs, coils, map sensor, camshaft and crankshaft sensor, test and clean injectors but the car after two days run with the same problem... I think a fuel pressure drops for this few seconds... I measure pressure twice but every time with the pressure gauge on the engine the engine start up fine I will gonna change the fuel pump in the reservoar, this is the only option, I think is problem on a return valve on the fuel pump unit... I hope I help a little bit

Reactions: RSRowe
My car should also have R3 acess engine and exhaust :smile: I just bought it a month ago so not really sure about how the car behaves.

I bought new MAP and spark plugs, will fit everything tomorrow and try it out. Engine mounts are also shot, so the flexy could be in bad shape. I have exhaust/ emission error on dash, so probably the car has no catalysts. I don’t know if the car was ever remapped...

My car should also have R3 acess engine and exhaust :smile: I just bought it a month ago so not really sure about how the car behaves.

I bought new MAP and spark plugs, will fit everything tomorrow and try it out. Engine mounts are also shot, so the flexy could be in bad shape. I have exhaust/ emission error on dash, so probably the car has no catalysts. I don’t know if the car was ever remapped...
Is your car run regulary with this problem? My car one day run fine than one week run with this misfiring but no faults on diagnostic... I think the MAP
sensor could be the problem test it please and send me a message if you solved the problem

Changed spark plugs and MAP, runs better, but still I'm getting the same missfire like on the first video, just less. Any ideas ? Crank position sensor?

Changed spark plugs and MAP, runs better, but still I'm getting the same missfire like on the first video, just less. Any ideas ? Crank position sensor?
I change crank and camshaft sensors with OEM parts but i have the same problem... I notice when my tank is full i dont have this problem... when my fuel level drops below half this misfiring starting to apear... Soo i thing is the problem in fuel pump in the tank, return valve on the pump

No, i still have the problem, it's even worse.

I have P0141 error, o2 sensor heating circuit, Bank 1 Sensor 2.

I assume that I need to change the second lambda ? I know lambdas can effect fueling.

O2 sensors is my guess. My car did this when I swapped over the manifold to a Toyosport one. Same thing - car would stutter, wouldnt rev past 3k without very gentle throttle inputs.

To confirm, try swapping the primary and secondary O2 / lambda sensors and see if that solves the issue. The car really only needs the primary one to work properly. If that fixes it, then you have a bad sensor.