clio 197 to 200t lux

has anyone done the change from a 197 to a 200t lux? im playing with the idea but not sure if i should just stick with my 197

Yep. I had my 197 for 5 years and got my 200T Lux, cup, in March.

Thoughts:
197 engine sounds better.
200T exhaust sounds better
200T booms from the exhaust on upshifts (dual clutch) and pops on the overrun.
200T feels faster most of the time. It has much more instant power, but I'm not so sure it feels quite as fast when you're at higher speeds. (Maybe it's the noise).
My 197 had no options, so I'm much more pleased with the options on my 200T. (Lux, cup, sensors front and rear, leather seats) - no RS monitor or camera though
200T does about 3mpg more on average
They handle as well as each other
I love the dual clutch gearbox, it's great fun when you want it to be, and relaxing when you need it to be.
My 200T rattles and creaks more than my 197.
The interior looks better on the 200T.

So finally, which do I prefer. Definitely the 200T, I just wish it didn't creak and rattle so much (but that could just be my car!)

Oh and 1 more thing! The 200T feels even more exclusive, as, as the 197 got older, you saw more and more about.

Yep. I had my 197 for 5 years and got my 200T Lux, cup, in March.

Thoughts:
197 engine sounds better.
200T exhaust sounds better
200T booms from the exhaust on upshifts (dual clutch) and pops on the overrun.
200T feels faster most of the time. It has much more instant power, but I'm not so sure it feels quite as fast when you're at higher speeds. (Maybe it's the noise).
My 197 had no options, so I'm much more pleased with the options on my 200T. (Lux, cup, sensors front and rear, leather seats) - no RS monitor or camera though
200T does about 3mpg more on average
They handle as well as each other
I love the dual clutch gearbox, it's great fun when you want it to be, and relaxing when you need it to be.
My 200T rattles and creaks more than my 197.
The interior looks better on the 200T.

So finally, which do I prefer. Definitely the 200T, I just wish it didn't creak and rattle so much (but that could just be my car!)

Oh and 1 more thing! The 200T feels even more exclusive, as, as the 197 got older, you saw more and more about.

whats your average mpg? mine is about 17/19 mpg
my wee 197 is still rare round my bit only mine and a white 197 cup round my area

And I thought my 28 was bad, wow sorry to interrupt glad this is something that you have asked though cause it is a thought that has crossed my mind too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Interesting topic for guys looking to move on to something more modern in the RS Range.

And I'm hugely surprised at the creaking from the newer model's interior....

the 197 is ment to be the worst mpg out of all the clio sport range
before my 197 i had an e36 bimmer so its mpg was poor lol

Interesting topic for guys looking to move on to something more modern in the RS Range.

And I'm hugely surprised at the creaking from the newer model's interior....

The tailgate creaks, the driver's window creaks, there's some buzz from behind the steering wheel (I've traced this to the "steering angle sensor" - I think). The boot trim vibrated against the tailgate - fixed with adhesive foam tape. It's developed a knock from the front suspension when you drive directly up a dropped kerb too - it's going to Renault at the end of Jan, so we'll see about the knock and the steering wheel. They can't/won't fix the window and tailgate creaks.

I did that change, albi 197 to LY 200t.

Pretty much agree on a whole with Lewis.

Only things ill add

My 200t does about 34mpg average on country roads - closer to 40 on a run. (43 best)

Mine handles better than MY 197 - but thats because I have coilovers - both of my cars had standard none cup suspension - id say out the box they are about the same, with the 200t having more body roll which is noticeable.

On a downer they dont look as sporty in any colour like the 197 does - unless you get a LY one.

Launch control is a laugh

I did that change, albi 197 to LY 200t.

Pretty much agree on a whole with Lewis.

Only things ill add

My 200t does about 34mpg average on country roads - closer to 40 on a run. (43 best)

Mine handles better than MY 197 - but thats because I have coilovers - both of my cars had standard none cup suspension - id say out the box they are about the same, with the 200t having more body roll which is noticeable.

On a downer they dont look as sporty in any colour like the 197 does - unless you get a LY one.

Launch control is a laugh
Albi 197 to LY200T for me too!

Reactions: Chris
The tailgate creaks, the driver's window creaks, there's some buzz from behind the steering wheel (I've traced this to the "steering angle sensor" - I think). The boot trim vibrated against the tailgate - fixed with adhesive foam tape. It's developed a knock from the front suspension when you drive directly up a dropped kerb too - it's going to Renault at the end of Jan, so we'll see about the knock and the steering wheel. They can't/won't fix the window and tailgate creaks.

Coming from Citroens as my two previous cars I still didnt think the 200 was exactly a premium-build car. But: I have to say so far I'm pleasantly surprised with mine.

Not rattle-free: but apart from the very uppermost front seatbelt height adjuster creaks (A common 197 / 200 issue and easily solved) it's been pretty good.

I LOVE the 200T interior visually and it certainly looks a grown up place to live in.

But from you experience it seems like it's a case of 'situation normal' perhaps Lewis....

whats your average mpg? mine is about 17/19 mpg
my wee 197 is still rare round my bit only mine and a white 197 cup round my area
I from Glasgow too mate and any Clio RS is a rare sight.

Laughed when I read 'your bit' as I was watching Kevin Bridges the other night. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: adamskie89
ON my second EDC now 200t/220t had 197/200/ much better car all round the EDC cars avg mpg urban 33/35 on a run 45 ish. On track fantastic the 200t in cup guise a bit soft but no such problems in the 220t and iam not going to mention that place but buy and enjoy it

ON my second EDC now 200t/220t had 197/200/ much better car all round the EDC cars avg mpg urban 33/35 on a run 45 ish. On track fantastic the 200t in cup guise a bit soft but no such problems in the 220t and iam not going to mention that place but buy and enjoy it
What place Kev??

Reactions: Jimmy
Great topic and I'm enjoying the feedback from 200T owners! From a purely selfish point of view, it's also reassuring to know that new cars rattle and knock just as much as older ones :smiley:

And on the rarity front, I hardly ever see mk3/4 Clios RSs around Leeds - in fact I can't remember seeing one recently, apart from those that I know off the forum...

And on the rarity front, I hardly ever see mk3/4 Clios RSs around Leeds - in fact I can't remember seeing one recently, apart from those that I know off the forum...

When I first bought my 200 I had never actually seen one in person before, now they seem to be everywhere! There is one on my GF's mums street, one 2 minutes from my previous house, and I pass one almost everyday on the way to work - all that in a 3 mile radius!

Reactions: Jimmy