Clio 197 R27 Liquid Yellow

No mate he dose not get to many meets with him getting on a bit ha!

Sorry kev I could not resist ha!

haha! I await his reply lol [MENTION=2996]nutnutwelshman[/MENTION]

Car looks awesome mate and there's some fantastic photos there. Those yellow interior strips look smart too. :smile:

Cheers bud! Lovely car you have too :smile:. They where done by spray shack, didn't cost all that much!

The standard headlights on the 197 are pretty poor, I'd be after a pair of projectors for a long time! Picked them up last month and finally got the fitted today. So much better on the road, though could do with being aligned before MOT! They really freshen up the front I think.

Before;

P7140299.jpg

After;

image_zpsddc9d615.jpg

Need new side light bulbs as opposed to the LEDs I have in.

Here's a video of mine at a dyno day today. I wanted to go prior to heading to RS Tuning, just to see how the rollers compared.

On the first run mine managed 193bhp and on the second it got 197bhp. That's with ITG panel filter, enlarged throttle body and KTec cat back exhaust.

It'll be interesting to see the figures at RS Tuning in comparison...

Video; http://youtu.be/OKWmnOGFG4E

Here's a video of mine at a dyno day today. I wanted to go prior to heading to RS Tuning, just to see how the rollers compared.

On the first run mine managed 193bhp and on the second it got 197bhp. That's with ITG panel filter, enlarged throttle body and KTec cat back exhaust.

It'll be interesting to see the figures at RS Tuning in comparison...

Video; http://youtu.be/OKWmnOGFG4E
Good results Eddie if you get them sort of result at RS you will be pushing 200bhp after the map you might be one of the lucky ones who have a strong puller:thumbsup:

Good results Eddie if you get them sort of result at RS you will be pushing 200bhp after the map you might be one of the lucky ones who have a strong puller:thumbsup:

Yeah mate true! I said yesterday if be happy with anything in the 190s. Be interesting to see how RS Tuning rollers compare :smile:

So I got my email today with the graph from the dyno day. Happy with how the graph looks, peak power at 197bhp and around 165lb/ft. Will be good to see how this looks AFTER my remap with RS Tuning :smile:

guhyha2u.jpg

Cant wait to see the results man. Your wheels or induction lit showed up yet?

So I got my email today with the graph from the dyno day. Happy with how the graph looks, peak power at 197bhp and around 165lb/ft. Will be good to see how this looks AFTER my remap with RS Tuning :smile:

guhyha2u.jpg

Cheers dude! Yeah the wheels are here! Sorting out a refurb and deciding on new tyres before they go on as the old tyres are knackered.

I had an epic trip yesterday! I arrives into Cairnryan around 2am and set on my way to RS Tuning in Leeds for my remap at 9am! I had company from my girlfriend which was great, keeping me awake and on track as it was a long enough drive down! After a couple of brief stops for rest we arrived in Leeds around 8am, stretched the legs a bit and waited for Paul to arrive.

The mapping of the car didn't take too long, around an hour max. I explained my modifications, fuel I was running and where I thought my car was letting me down (horrible flat spot at full throttle around 2.5k revs, running lean and uneven power through the rev range). Then Paul set about working his magic.

The results before an after were day and night in comparison. My car gained 8bhp on standard unleaded fuel, which even Paul himself seemed amazed at (I usually run it on super as we don't have VPower here). Then we road testes, power throughout he rev range is smooth, the flat spot is completely gone and the car certainly pulls harder - all in all I am amazed!

84104db2-718b-404e-83ac-390ae1f7139b_zps51262c6a.jpg

After the map we headed to Elland Road and picked up a few things, then towards Wetherby services to meet @iAndy, then from there to Darlington to meet @smoggy mark and @youngy711 for a trip to smoggy land. Epic roads there and such a blast was had on them! Was great to test out the car after the map on the roads and was great to meet you guys! One pic I took from us at Hartside before leaving the convoy for Cairnryan for the boat home;

image_zps88d81823.jpg

Last edited:
Clio 197 R27 Liquid Yellow - Need OPINIONS Page 12

Few little things bought to go onto the car over the coming weeks. I've bought some things to freshen it up and change the looks slightly too.

Firstly, I have always liked Speedlines so a set came up and I had to buy them. They came white so had a full refurb and respray done on them;

umy9yver.jpg

Tyres where next. I was undecided between Goodyear Eagle F1, Yokohama AD08r and Bridgestone Potenza RE070(?). After trawling the internet etc I settled on the Goodyears;

8aby8yde.jpg

Next up, again sticking to OEM and to tie in with the yellow in the car I bought a set of Clio 200 clocks. These come with the beep and to be honest just generally look more up to date than the 197 clocks. The mileage requires calibrating so once done I'll fit them;

ydygajap.jpg

I've again always liked the 200 rear end diffuser. Again it looks more up to date and I like how the tailpipes are built into the diffuser itself. I spotted this yesterday and it was delivered today;

zu4eduju.jpg

yme7e6ej.jpg

It needs a good freshen up and will be getting sprayed anthracite again to tie in with that theme of the car.

Finally, bought a RS RenaultSport rear boot badge and it too has still to be fitted and sprayed :smile:.

I'll post up pics once everything is on the car :smile:

Last edited: