Clio 197 R27 Liquid Yellow

This is just a post to thank SprayShack for their recent excellent customer service and quality of work.

I posted my wing mirror to them last Thursday, it was received on Friday. The mirror itself was sprayed and I have just taken return of it today.

Firstly, the work is second to none. Liquid yellow isn't the easiest of colours to match, and the colour match is top level.
Secondly, they returned it to me without me even having paid! Theres good reason for this, Ulster Bank (my bank) are in a mess at the minute and as such peoples accounts having been updated for well over 2 weeks. As such the payment has still to reach them.

So just a quick shout out to Simon and the rest at SprayShack, and i'll be in touch soon to get some interior parts done :smile:

Well, I got a new camera so decided to take a few new pic's. No changes made to the car, though I have ordered blue interior lights and i'm getting the backs of the Recaro's wrapped in carbon fibre. Gave the car a quick clean and spruce up;

P7140298.jpg

P7140300.jpg

P7140299.jpg

Nice photos Eddie, she looks very clean mate.

I like the little 'Ring stickers on the pillars too, nice touch.

Thanks guys :smile:.

Had been going through a tough time work wise, thought I was going to have to sell the car but thankfully I held on and ever since then i've given the car proper attention when cleaning etc.

Good choice on the spec Matt! Although I would have liked xenon's in hindsight, but I'll not lose sleep over it lol.

Took the car today to see about getting some carbon details. Very worthwhile journey, and has got me thinking about different carbon effects, also has thrown a spanner in the works regards to a few things!

I look forward to getting the samples sent out and i'll post them up. Lets just say, more than just the Recaro spines are getting carbon details! (Its not a carbon wrap either :wink:)

Not cheap though, so watch this space!

When's my invite over to that continent to inspect the RS scene is being well misrepresented

When's my invite over to that continent to inspect the RS scene is being well misrepresented

Continent?!lol. We aren't that far away mate! Our RS scene is so quiet :worried:! But all you guys are welcome over anytime - we don't have a Nurburgring, but we do have Kirkistown?lol

If there's water in between it's another continent, Wales is like Russia for me!!

I've attached the photo of the sample which I have just received.

My idea is to get the Recaro spines carbon dipped as opposed to wrapped - far more durable, better finish and looks a lot better in my opinion. When I was getting a quote the guy said he could do me up a sample of a yellow base layer with the carbon weave on top... Attached is the result.

Photo's don't do it justice, plus it was done on a motorbike helmet so isn't the correct colour match etc. But gives a good idea. Now my choice is...

Liquid yellow base layer with carbon weave, or standard carbon dip...

Hmmmm... :001_huh::tongueout:anic::coffee:

Attachments

• IMG_6091.jpg
    IMG_6091.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 151
Looks pretty good that to be fair. But I think the regular carbon effect without the yellow base would look more ''real''.

oooo I like that.

I'd like some of that done in my engine bay. Especially if you could match up the colour with the yellow hoses, I think it'd look great!

The carbon dipping idea has been binned completely due to Fernandez and his carbon fibre spines. Started to do a little interior work, thanks to SprayShack for faultless work yet again. These guys really are 2nd to none.

P8140365.jpg

P8140366.jpg

yea the yellow stripes look good but il leave the centre console as it is, painting it yellow would be too much in my opinion :smile: