Clio 197 insurance

Im ecstatic that greenlight were so cheap, got it for £600 in the end or £675 in total if i pay in monthly installments

Second best were admiral £678 but then if i pay in monthly installments it shoots up to £1100 in total!

Best adrian flux could do for me was £1070 for some reason, i think £600 is pretty reasonable considering how much the majority cost

Last edited:
endsleigh is 580 for me and im 23 with 3years ncb. i tried gettin insured on megane sport and there was a massive difference. they told me the clio is in group one in there insurnce!!!

I got a quote from Greenlight in March this year for the 200. It was about 70 quid cheaper than my next cheapest quote at Admiral. However i went with admiral in the end after reading/been advised on other forums that they can be particuarly arsey when it comes to paying out if the worse did happen.

I did some googling and found some quite bad stories.

So I stuck to what I know.

I think the above only applies to Greenlight policies underwritten by Highway part of the LV group.

How did people get a quote from Greenlight?

I've done the online thing but they've not given me a price. Is it best to call them up and get a quote?

I got a quote from Greenlight in March this year for the 200. It was about 70 quid cheaper than my next cheapest quote at Admiral. However i went with admiral in the end after reading/been advised on other forums that they can be particuarly arsey when it comes to paying out if the worse did happen.

I did some googling and found some quite bad stories.

So I stuck to what I know.

I think the above only applies to Greenlight policies underwritten by Highway part of the LV group.

Hmm, that's who i got as the underwriter when i called greenlight, i might save up & just pay the admiral quote in one go as it near enough the same price.

If an uninsured driver crashed into me i would not want to pay out of my own pocket... then again i am not going to fork out £300 extra just to go with a more reputable insurer, bit of a catch 22

Direct line insure me for £680 - 21 4 years NCB. No points.

If your quick they are doing 12 months for 10.

I shall keep your quote in mind mate when I come to insure my 197 when I get it. :smiley: I am the same age and touch wood will have the same amount of 4 NCB when it comes to insuring it.

Did you apply for insurance through direct line's website itself or through a comparison advisor?

Cheers,

Chris