Clio 197 Cup

Bit of help please guys.

Low miles white Clio 197 2008 (08 reg) with the cup package, but no other options at all.

So what will it have and what will i be missing?

Also how much would you expect to pay for something like this? Thanks :smile:

Depends if it's a full fat car with the cup pack or if it's a straight cup.

If it's a full fat car with the cup pack then you'll have grey wheels with red callipers and colour coded side strips and soft touch dash. If it's a straight cup you get the grey wheels and red callipers but no colour coded side strips or soft touch dash.

Yeah it has the black side bumper stripes.

Guy told me it has the cup package but no other factory options at all. which is a shame as i wouldn't mind some recaros.

How much would you pay?

Thank you.

Are you buying private with cash? I see a cracking deal on a black F1 earlier on Auto trader. Think it had about 43k miles and was less than 7k!!

Is it up for around 7500?

I was disappointed with the cup when I went to look at one. After coming from an FF it did feel exceptionally basic.

Yeah, what do you think of that one?

Say i am not to fussed about A/C, never used it in my ST... Only thing i would like is good sounding music and iPhone connection.

Didn't feel any different from my FF to drive. Just less mod cons. Looked a lot more basic....Recaro's were well nice tho. I would say they're a must.

That's why I want an F1, best of both worlds.

Mod cons? Looked a lot basic exterior or interior wise?

What good things would i be missing from the one in question? would it have iPod connection as standard or is that a factory option?

Thanks

Someone might correct me here, but I think it depends on what stereo it has as to whether you'll get an Aux port.

Mod cons you might be missing: auto lights, climate control, auto wipers, electric mirrors, keyless entry....

Brilliant guide you wrote up the Noddie! Hmmm think i would prefer colour coded bumper strips and mirrors.

iPod connection
Cup pack
Maybe Recaro's
Keyless locks (never had a car where i have had to use a key to get in it)
Maybe Cruise control

About the gearbox though, in your guide it says it was revised in 08/2008 but i have read elsewhere that they revised this on the F1's and straight onto the late 07 197s? Can you confirm this please?

Seriously what would you guys do? I have about £7k Spare at the moment without selling my ST. absolute max would be 8K if i sold the ST as i have made promises to the mrs (BOOOOO!).

Last edited:
You'll have to make up your mind as to what you want.

If you want cruise control you'll have to go for an FF as the cups did not come with those.

The cups are a little more basic but if it's just hardcore you want then this option is for you, the cup version will have no trim just paint between the doors and rear window and should have a little cup badge on it.

You can buy a lead for ipod for around £7 on ebay so that can be fitted after.

The keyless is FF only too.

I keep finding my self looking at that black F1....

Cruise control isn't a must, just I do 250-300 miles a week, mostly motorway. I am hoping to get a second car for this depending on insurance. Put my ST to 92k which is making it hard to sell, don't want to do the same to my next car.

That black F1 is a real bargain I think. Most are going round for 8k. It's worth a phone call. Good luck with filling your tank with those kind of miles lol

You'll be lucky to average 30mpg!

i paid £8K for a march 08 cup in white with recaros, cup spoiler and speedlines and AC with 19K on the clock and i am the second owner