Clio 197 Cup project (Racing Blue).

Yellow fogs look sweet; easy to enough to do ???

Damn i wish i had held out for a RB 197 Cup :worried:

Pretty straightforward mate, you have to remove the front half of the arch liner (4 clips & 2 screws) and then 2 bolts holding the fog light in place. Film is about £4 on flea bay and you get loads.
I was originally after a Nimbus 197 , just couldn't find one good enough at the time, but pleased with the racing blue now.

I dont offer any courses Luke, but more than happy to spend a few hours with you and give you some guidance when I'm a little quieter workwise.

That would be great. [emoji2] The Bigfoot is on my Christmas list haha.

Car is looking good mate. Liking the yellow fogs alot. Hope they weren't too much hassle to do, my hands hurt after I did mine on the 197 haha. I recon you should look into some h&r lowering springs next. [emoji6]

I recon you should look into some h&r lowering springs next. [emoji6]

I'm not sure yet Luke, was considering Eibachs but not sure the drop will be enough to warrant them with the cup suspension. I heard the H&R's are a lot firmer, how you finding them in regards to ride comfort?

Personally mate, I wouldn't go for the eibachs if you have the cup suspension. The drop won't be very noticeable, although they are very comfortable as they are a progressive spring.

Tbh though, I really don't find the H&Rs that uncomfortable. You will see a lot of people say they are to "crashy and bouncy" but personally I really don't find them any more uncomfortable than the standard cup suspension.

Handles well. And sits so much nicer. I'm very happy, it's a shame you aren't close, as if you where I would take you for a drive so you could see what you think.

I would get the cook sports if it were me. I have h&r's and I would still get cook sports.

Personally mate, I wouldn't go for the eibachs if you have the cup suspension. The drop won't be very noticeable, although they are very comfortable as they are a progressive spring.

Tbh though, I really don't find the H&Rs that uncomfortable. You will see a lot of people say they are to "crashy and bouncy" but personally I really don't find them any more uncomfortable than the standard cup suspension.

Handles well. And sits so much nicer. I'm very happy, it's a shame you aren't close, as if you where I would take you for a drive so you could see what you think.

cheers Luke, will have a think and thanks for the offer of a drive.

I would get the cook sports if it were me. I have h&r's and I would still get cook sports.

Cheers mate, someone on CS recommended Cook Sports to me, will have to do some homework now.

Gam has cook sports, I have h&r's may be we'll have to both take you out for a ride see which you prefer.

Gam has cook sports, I have h&r's may be we'll have to both take you out for a ride see which you prefer.

Yeah just been looking at Jack's project thread to see what the drops like. With the cup dampers mine already feels quite firm, so don't really want it anymore crashy. Would be good to hook up with you both at some point to get an idea and have a natter.

I love this thread and wish I had the knowledge to do what this guy does. I love to see if anything else has been done to to the car now? Gives me ideas for the small things on my RB 197 cup

Congratulations! I love this post. I want more photos :smiley:
One thing, what model of leds can i fit in my car?
Regards

Last edited:
i would personally get saving for some colies..urs is a cup version so putting Eibachs on would not make sense really..very good progress thread with lots of good ideas..
have u done any track days yet??