Clio 197 central locking problem

Basically 6 times out of ten my car opens fine! But 4 times out of ten my car recognises that i have the card as the lights come on inside the car but i have to pull the handle a good 4 times before it opens! As if its having trouble catching if you get me! It does sometimes happen on passenger side to! But majority of time its fine! Any ideas whats causing this and how to resolve?

If the card is in your pocket, it is very easy to 'block' the signal with things such as a mobile phone. If you don't have the card in your pocket, try changing the battery.

If the card is in your pocket, it is very easy to 'block' the signal with things such as a mobile phone. If you don't have the card in your pocket, try changing the battery.

Cheers mate! Even with the card out it does it sometimes and even when i unlock the car on fob! Its as if the latch on the door is dodgy?

Oh right ok. Don't know then tbh. Sorry! Lol! Foxspeed might be able to help you out. It might be something to do with the mechanism, but I'm not sure. Good luck.

it could be the optical sensor on the door - the little black "window" in the door handle recess - mine started doing this and slowly got worse - had to change the inner mechanism - when i looked at the old one i could see that water had got to the sensor !

Thanks a lot foxspeed! I have a month warranty on the car so i am going to try and get this sorted immediately! Doesnt look like something i fancy doing or paying for!

Hi Mate.

I am having the same problem.

The majority of the time is opens fine when I go up to the car. However, It has started playing up and when I go up to car and put hand in handle to sence it, it doesn't open even when I press buttons on key card.

Is it easy to change the battery in these cards? Is it one of them silver penny flat batteries?

Yes, just remove the emergency key and you will see the battery. Make sure you don't leave the battery out for more than a few seconds though as it could cause it to "forget" your car.