clio 197 brembo brake pins

fhought you had to give them a smack to get the buggers out when the pins were out cus they were so tight???

fhought you had to give them a smack to get the buggers out when the pins were out cus they were so tight???

Yeah that's because of the rear side with the spring clip.

If someone gets a minute can you check yours please?

I've had a look through other peoples pictures on here and the pins seem to protrude the same amount as mine.

On my car the "pointy" end of the pins can move around slightly when you move the brake pad with your finger... is this normal?

Sounds like you don't have the spring in, it outs everything under a little bit of tension to stop that

Last edited:
If you mean the retaining spring they yeah that's there... When I put pressure on the brake pad from the hub side you can see the pointy part of the pin move slightly and you can make a metallic noise by putting pressure on either side of the pad... I'm wondering if this is why I get brake squeal.

If you mean the retaining spring they yeah that's there... When I put pressure on the brake pad from the hub side you can see the pointy part of the pin move slightly and you can make a metallic noise by putting pressure on either side of the pad... I'm wondering if this is why I get brake squeal.

It could be, the pads aren't meant to be stuck in hard, just retained. I'd take the pins out and put a bit of copper slip around them where they go into the calliper and see if that solves it. Just don't get any on the pads and disks

I got myself a set of pins (Both Sides) just incase i need them, although the only reason is i got both sets brand new for £10!!!! You got to love Ebay lol