clio 197 brembo brake pins

i havn't changed my fonr brake pads yet.

Should i purchase a set of brake pins aswel as pads?

ferroddo brake pads the ones to get for a daily driver that gets some stick?

Had my pins in and out 4 times, discussing this at the weekend with Andy.

And normally tapping them out they just drop out....

as jam has said i have never had the problem people mention with the pins. mine had never been removed in 14000 miles when i got the car and they came straight out. i am always cleaning the callipers etc so they have been in and out a few times now with no bother

Never had a problem removing mine mate. Need to be firm with it but not hit hard. I few taps loosen it up nicely. I actually used a 5mm drill bit n hammer t knock them out - worked a charm! I did mine after 18mths and 15,000 miles, but sayin that I dunno if they had been done before I bought the car so it could well be 3yrs and 28,000 in all honesty!

did mine the wk end 1 bugger bent so good job i bought some lol
other3 were fine dont take the chance or u could be stuffed

bash them out and copper grease them on the "spinny metal bit" they never get stuck then

I've had these pins just pop out with a little tap, and then others have been so bad they've broke/sheared and it's taken me an afternoon to get them out.

They are a little pricey though so I'd take the front wheels off and see if they will come out, if they do jobs a good un and pop them back in. If they don't get some on order

I never had a problem with them either. My car was 3 years old with 25k miles when I took them out, doubt they had been removed before

Renault know the pins seize and need to be broken to remove the pads.
If the pads are changed at a dealers then the pins are free. If they try to charge you, contact RUK straight away.

Free ??? Where did you get this from ive never been told this. And i work for Renualt as you know.

By a friend who used to work for Renault. RUK confirmed this to me; as the brakes get very hot the pins fuse due to a design fault. You should not be charged if when the dealer changes the pads the pins brake or have to be broken to be removed.
Speak to your servicing guys, if they don't know about this speak to RUK so your customers aren't unnessaceraly charged! :swear: