Clean cars at meets???

Maybe a daft question.....Given people travel hundreds of miles to get to meets, how are their cars so bloody clean when they are there. Aside from getting a cloth out, I sure they must need a bit more than that or do the all find the nearest car wash!!! lol

Maybe a daft question.....Given people travel hundreds of miles to get to meets, how are their cars so bloody clean when they are there. Aside from getting a cloth out, I sure they must need a bit more than that or do the all find the nearest car wash!!! lol

I was part of the Alfa world record attempt for the worlds longest queue of Alfas. There was a guy I travelled down with in convoy that got up and out of the hotel at five in the morning to start five hours of pimping before the meet.

When I drove to chester, I kept my distance from other cars/puddles, etc.

I also went armed with a fabreeze bottle full of water and some cloths. :wink:

my car is filthy most of the time. not point pretending otherwise, so it will be grubby at meets.

There is beauty in the dirt.

For the national meet mine will get jet washed at morrisons friday night and thats it. Although I may just give the carbon bonnet a wipe over when I get there. Cars are ment to be used and driven.

At world series about 20 people used the same bucket from one of the Alpine guys including myself afterwards I vowed that I would never to clean a car at a show again.

When I used to enter concours events at VW shows in the early 2000's I used to take a full camping water container in the boot and loads of my cleaning stuff - the boot used to be full when I set off.

Looking back I must have been bonkers!

Could do with Giles posting his secret up, his car always looks spotless when he arrives and still looks exactly the same after any driving he does on meets, must have a teflon coat instead of wax

just lately mines being driven and not cleaned...its so in need of it....wont be its best at the national thats for sure :nope:

I've been to one car show (TRAX 2009) at Silverstone. Its obviously a long drive for us Scots and the car certainly showed up the distance travelled lol.

Felt embarrased standing amoungst 10s of people washing their cars and I just left ours as it was lol.

You felt embaressed?! On the performance on track stand at the french car show, a mate from wales parked his land rover discovery, absolutely caked in wale's finest brown stuff, slap bang in the middle of the stand!

I used to pal about with a lad who did concours events with a serries 1 turbo, he used to cover the front in low tack masking tape, net curtains over the lights and all sorts of stuff.

Once travelled to a show with him in some light rain and he was about in tears and refused to use the wipers :lol:

He was very anal about it all, had a spare set of wheels with new tyres on that still had the stickers on, just for show mind :bat:

I usually stick a good layer of polish and wax on the weekend before, lock her up for the week and then speed detail brings it back up beautifully on the day. It really is good stuff!

Once tried the ford boys trick of wrapping cling film around the front bumper etc to prevent bug splatter, took me hours to apply neatly. All peeled off when i hit 40mph :worried:

I have been known to buy a brand-new basic cleaning kit from Halfords (only once) and go to the jet wash to do a full-on clean prior to meets..... ;/

Similar Thread Suggestions