Claiming on insurance

stupid women
but to be honest tho mate i would avoid the insurance route as it would show up on your cars history showing its been in an accident and it would knock more off the value of the car than £200, As much as it would wind me up if it happened to my car i would rather take the hit and repair it myself and let it go than involve the insurance.

apparently this type of claim is not held on the cars history its only if it is written off.

It's not no, my mate had a car bump hid Audi and drive off. He had it resprayed and it wasn't mentioned on insurance and his premiums unaffected too.

My mistake I got the stupid women part right tho, so in that case go through insurance but act quickly. I hope it all gets sorted for you

The balls in your court dude I would personally get her to cough up rather than going through insurance as its far less hassle but that's just my opinion

The balls in your court dude I would personally get her to cough up rather than going through insurance as its far less hassle but that's just my opinion

Yeah i have tried. I have given her numerous chances and explained it will be worse for her insurance if went down that route. She is now ignoring me and not talking so only choice i have left.

I hate people like this. How can they do damage, try to drive off then winge about the cost...

I notified the insurance in the past of something that happened. Which wasn't my fault and no claims were made, nothing. My insurance was just renewed last month and slight increase...

Yeah i have tried. I have given her numerous chances and explained it will be worse for her insurance if went down that route. She is now ignoring me and not talking so only choice i have left.

Oh in which case she has left you no option let the insurance sort it dude you should only have a slight increase in premiums

Even if it goes through her insurance you will still need to declared it when getting insurance. Whether it will affect your premium or not, who knows.

Have you informed YOUR insurer ? If you have, then you may as well let it go through on her insurance. Even if this is a speculative call, its logged on your policy now.

Even if it goes through her insurance you will still need to declared it when getting insurance. Whether it will affect your premium or not, who knows.

Have you informed YOUR insurer ? If you have, then you may as well let it go through on her insurance. Even if this is a speculative call, its logged on your policy now.

I haven't informed anyone yet. The body shop I'm using is going to claim through "non fault claims". He said that he does loads of insurance jobs and 97% get accepted and settled

Legally you are required to tell your insurer and, if you are lucky, you might be insured by the same company.

She is insured by axa. And im with sky insurance. The non fault claims i have gone through told me not to tell my insurance yet they will deal with it all

She is insured by axa. And im with sky insurance. The non fault claims i have gone through told me not to tell my insurance yet they will deal with it all

I'd personally avoid dealing with anyone other than your insurer or hers. I presume you are referring to an accident management company? The terms of your contract with sky oblige you to inform them of any incident, your fault or otherwise. It's unfortunate that she refused to pay you cash - her excess will probably be more and she will lose any NCD. You won't of course, but you will have to report it at inception of any new policy.

I haven't informed anyone yet. The body shop I'm using is going to claim through "non fault claims". He said that he does loads of insurance jobs and 97% get accepted and settled

You typically have 24 hours to notify your insurers of an accident. Any longer than that and it may become a problem for you.

When I wrote off my first car, I lost my 1 years no claims. No idea why, as it wasn't my fault, but I did.

You typically have 24 hours to notify your insurers of an accident. Any longer than that and it may become a problem for you.

When I wrote off my first car, I lost my 1 years no claims. No idea why, as it wasn't my fault, but I did.

I have been told by the garage and claims company not to notify them yet.

It's my first ever accident and i haven't done this before.

I have been told by the garage and claims company not to notify them yet.

It's my first ever accident and i haven't done this before.

One thing to bear in mind is the accident management companies are profit making businesses. They may not have your best interests in mind.

Not saying that is the case, but just something to have in mind.

Similar Thread Suggestions