choppens f1 197 being modified for track

It was made by Womble, though I don't think he ever made anymore though as I tried to buy one.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?41344-Engine-Torque-mount-possible-new-design

Thx, I have black powerflex bush fitted in OEM torque mount and is quite OK but don't feel comfortable with its rubber design. Would like Cup racer mount but it's different i.e. its mounted to Sadev gearbox rather then engine block :worried: Such design as in Womble thread but with harder polybush should do the trick for me.

ha, mine doesn't on overrun, just idle!! when it dips below about 900, so I'll raise the idle when I eventually stick another ECU in.

Why not just get the Vibra torque link, it already has hard mounts, shakes mine on idle.
i'm wondering if it is stiff enough since it has rubber bushes. if it had uniball instead or at least hard polyurethane then i would take it no doubt.

I've got the vibra lower and powerflex (yellow upper), fitted to stop movement as I don't want my r3 mani cracking. - thus far seems to have done the job (touch wood).

Could always fit the vibra lower and the black powerflex upper. Should be possible to email Vibra and get the Shore hardness of the mounts too?

I've got the vibra lower and powerflex (yellow upper), fitted to stop movement as I don't want my r3 mani cracking. - thus far seems to have done the job (touch wood).

Could always fit the vibra lower and the black powerflex upper. Should be possible to email Vibra and get the Shore hardness of the mounts too?
I have all Powerflex black series bushes already fitted in suspension and engine/gearbox mounts as well so contacting Vibra in that matter and possibly replacing powerflex lower mount with vibra (if it has similar stiffness) seems pretty good idea. thx

Stripped all the interior out today to find under the foam padding it was like a swimming pool knocked the bungs out and it flooded out like a river it has been unused for around 2 months now, need abit of help with the wireing loom inside what can I chop out and what needs to be left alone?

IMG_7116_zpswzsou1gm.jpg
was like a swimming pool insideIMG_7118_zpsl5nvlkco.jpgIMG_7118_zpsl5nvlkco.jpg
new wheel turned up from royal steering wheelsIMG_7313_zpsio5yepwv.jpgIMG_7318_zpsmx3czauk.jpgIMG_7321_zpsoj1uihfk.jpgIMG_7322_zpsguro9tdg.jpgIMG_7323_zpshrhb7psc.jpgIMG_7326_zpsvgpsw4ko.jpg
this is how the car now looks still a few bits to do like sort wireing out and strip the unwanted brackets out pull dash out to get it flocked need to make/get some new door cards as they now foul on the cage and make some foot rests up and then to take it all out again to get the inside painted!IMG_7319_zpseeuuwnrc.jpgIMG_7320_zpsxubotq3x.jpgIMG_7317_zpscmcb23tc.jpgIMG_7316_zpsr3nqzf9v.jpg
camber ajustable top mounts fitted and added abit of camber and car has been corner weighted ready for track day at bedford on the 2nd of november which is looking good with around 20 other clios

Last edited:
Could you explain the short shift you mentioned. Is it the meg one on engine dynamics site?

Last edited: