choppens f1 197 being modified for track

choppen

Paid Member
bought my f1 197 in black 3 weeks ago done 53k it come with no service history and needing a few bits doing but the price I paid I wasn't worried
002.jpg
the front brakes are just about had it the clutch is high and recaros are a little rough on bolsters
but none of this bothered me as I was going to get all the bits done it needed
front wheels have seen better days
003.jpg004.jpg
when I first drive it I was very disappointed how slow it was low down in the revs as ive had a lot of 172s and a couple of 182s and always rated them
then I started looking at the megane conversions on here and got hooked and wanted mine doing for more power so I brought 2005 megane 225 only done 60k with full service history with a knackered clutch for £1275 with mine having no history I thought that would be a perfect donor for mine so ive bought a luk clutch kit to put in it to drive it just to make sure engine ok before I pull a good car apart

$(KGrHqZ,!ogFJw3eUODcBSdneWEKG!~~60_12[1].jpg
I want to turn it into a track car so ive started finding goodies for it I brought a full akropovic exhaust off a member off here last night
001.jpg
had it fitted today and also took the back bumper off and sealed the vents up as it keeps getting wet in the tool well in boot
hopefully should be buying some kw v3 coilovers and some spacers for it aswell this week
just going to concentrate on getting all the bits I need over the next month then get xmas out the way then start the build I cant wait​

The meg boys will be qualified to talk to you about the exhaust options mate but the Akrapovic is only for the NA clios.

Last edited:
The meg boys will be qualified to talk to you about the exhaust options mate but the Akrapovic is only for the NA clios.

panic over the exhaust will be fine with a link pipe and fmp has run a akraprovic on his 200 since it was converted

Well if fmp is running an Akrapovic with his Megane engine then it's doable, It must be restrictive though. I always thought that meg exhausts are 3'' or very close to that anyway. Akrapovic is 64mm while Miltec for the Megane is 70mm and K-tec is 76mm.

003.jpg
brought the kw v3 coilovers and 16mm spacers off benw off here hopefully get them fitted this week and fitted a couple of toyo t1rs as the front had cheap crap rears have good conti sports so wont be changing them just yet
been using the megane for the last few days engine is fine but turbo sounds noisy so I may well just get a hybrid turbo for it or a 250 turbo but haven't worked out which one would be better your input would be great

I'm using the 250 turbo on mine mate, have a word with Ste at SC as he sourced mine and has hybrids made to his own spec'.

picked up a lsd gearbox today hopefully order all the other bits over Christmas and get started on it January with a bit of luck

hers a pic of my 90 as I wanted to learn how to upload big pics from photo bucket as never done it before which is very easy : )
had to use it until the clio is fixed no where near as comfortable as the recaros

Last edited:
006_zps4f2ebdc0.jpg
lifted the car up today and found the oil leak which was the filter come loose so I tightened it up and it was still leaking and looked like it was coming from the oil cooler so took oil filter off and tightened the oil cooler bolt up and put the filter back on and fingers crossed it doesn't appear to be leaking no more
001_zps018e5898.jpg
this is the mess it left on the back off my truck

Glad to see it go to a good home!!!

Ended up being surplus, but thanks Mr.F for sorting me out originally. :smile:

Last edited:
today 8/1/14 after fixing the seals behind the back bumper I thought id stopped the condensation inside but the front window was now the problem so I took the scuttle panel off to find it was full of water on the drivers side passenger side was ok as the drain hole that side is a decent plug 037_zpsc8b2bc2d.jpg038_zps22a9104b.jpg041_zpsa4882c6b.jpgthis is the muck that come out of it I think theres a screw to undo under the arch but I just pulled on it and it come out and pushed it back in043_zpsdbb9f274.jpg042_zps91188d3a.jpghopefully that's that problem solved for another few years

got the clio engine out yesterday and got the megane engine built up and got it in today so now just to plum/pipe it all up have a few issues with a few pipes which hopefully some of you guys can help out with, sent my ecu to rs tuning today to get the clio imobilizer stuff put on megane ecu so hopefully should be at least running within the next week or so
001_zps57d76dc9.jpg