Checking if a cars registered scrapped?

Found a beautiful little classic car down in some farmers barn, in rather pristine condition. Basically he doesnt know what he's sitting on here and is asking silly low money for what it is, so im gonna rob him blind!

But i've no interest in a scrapped motor because its an ABSOLUTE nightmare trying to get one registered back on the road again. The old chap is past his best and hasnt a clue as to the status of the car with the dvla. He says he has the V5 document but doesnt ever remember SORN'ing it in the past 7 years its sat in his barn.

Direct Gov vehicle check simply says 'unlicenced'. My other SORN'd cars status is 'SORN not due'.

How can i found out if its been registered scrapped?

Pay for the my text check or something like that they will ask you for the plate or vin and that will show you any previous history

Reported as not scrapped, now to get my best wheeler dealer head on and grab a bargain :wink:

Already cost me £8!

Sweet, is the body in better condition than the one you already have? How did you come across it?

Turned out to be a flop after all, the old farmer chap wanted upto a grand for it, and it turns out it only ended up in his barn after he bought it off a bloke who DIY'd a front ender but couldnt get the engine back together again. WALK AWAYYYY.

Shame nice bodywork and immaculate interior, oh well.