Check emissions on dash and spanner light

Hi there, I'm a new rs197 owner and I started the car today and it says check emissions and spanner and engine management light is on. What could this be? I have a full tank of unleaded fuel think 95 and it has milltek exhaust fitted.

please help as I'm worried

thanks

carl

lambor sensor? Injectors? Spark Plugs?

Was it on before today? Has it just come on after you filled it with fuel?

Do you have a obd reader you can plug in so we can get a code off it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly no code reader so can't get that for you :worried: it sounds very much like the exhaust is blowing and seems to be from front end like manifold or the downpipe? Possibly but can't say if it is as new to renaults.

It wasn't on before today but came on when I started car to go from supermarket car park to petrol station and has stayed on and I've just done a 100 mile journey

Had this myself in the last few days running a ktr and a decat had my friendly local plug it in, no fault as such just went over emissions so threw up the fault anyway reset now and I put a £3 O2 spacer in the down stream lambda did a few miles today so all good cheap fix. I looked at all the options and basically u need to plug it in to know what to do next.
however if the car is still running well its probably not the upstream lambda

If you know someone with a Bluetooth or wifi obd and you have a laptop/pc you can link it too I can give you a program to read the codes.

So I just need to plug a OCD reader in to the car and locate the error code? That way you guys can direct me to the problem? Is there anywhere in Leeds that can do this for me?

I work in leeds but i'm on leave at the mo. Do you have a laptop of pc with bluetooth?

the car is off back to the garage i bought it from this week for full diagnostic check of the emissions and any work thats needed will be carried out under warrenty