changing rubber strips by door

hey

not sure if this is the right place.

i want to change the two rubber strips on when you open the door as they are old and need replacing, its the long strip when you open the car on the upper part of the car. what type of glue/stuff do i need to get them to stick?

cheers

Hi James part number 8200341503 they are self addisive just clean up and use a credit card to push the new ones in too place I think their is a link for it???

Iv'e just noticed now that these are both completely missing from my car lol
I assume these (part number above) are the rubbers that attach behind the rear window that the doors close onto?

I think I mentioned to you they were missing when I saw you at croft.

they don't last very long - both my 197 and 200 have split.

mine are split in places and the dealers wanted the car for 3 hours to replace them on the warranty even though It only takes 10 minutes to do. I did them on my 197 and its easy to do.

theyre going to change them at the same time as its being serviced when it goes in next. Could t be arsed to leave my car that long or wait around.

theyre about £35-£40 to buy though.

I think I mentioned to you they were missing when I saw you at croft.

they don't last very long - both my 197 and 200 have split.

mine are split in places and the dealers wanted the car for 3 hours to replace them on the warranty even though It only takes 10 minutes to do. I did them on my 197 and its easy to do.

theyre going to change them at the same time as its being serviced when it goes in next. Could t be arsed to leave my car that long or wait around.

theyre about £35-£40 to buy though.

Thats because when dealers do it they do it properly and take the glass out, clean it all down and replace the strips.

He said he wasn't going to take the glass out but wanted to wait for it to bond properly which is why they wanted the car so long. I'm not sure if he was on about using glue as well as the adhesive strip on the rubber . I told them the glass isn't coming out of the car and they said they can do it in place but Renault do recommend its removed

in my opinion you don't want it to be fitted too strongly as its only going to need replacing 18months later anyway!